NATSU D. ∕︎ protector (oneshot)

NATSU D. ∕︎ PROTECTOR
ANGST - SAD THEMES

[ Third Person POV ]

(Y/N) had always been depressed since her older brother, (Male Name) died. No matter who tried to get through to her no one could, she became independent from the other students, even her friends. It's been a whole year since then, (Y/N) is close to graduating along with Natsu Dragneel.

Natsu can't stand to see her like this, he's always loved her, and yes more then a friend—best friend or anything like that, he wanted nothing more then to see her happy but she just wasn't, Not matter what he tried.

Today was the last day of school, he needed to make her happy somehow no matter what he was determined.

She sat alone on the bleachers, curled up in her black hoodie as some guy was talking to her. Natsu his behind the stage to see what they were taking about.

"Sucks your brother had to drop dead like that—but I gotta say, if I had such a piece of crap for a sister I'd probably rather drop dead too!" He laughs.

Natsu scoffs in disgust but wanted to wait to see what more crap came out of his mouth.

"Huh? That's right, your are such a piece of crap," He says, lifting his leg and slamming his boot on her body. She didn't move. She didn't yell, or scream, or even groan in pain, she just sat there and took it.

He continued to kick her and laugh as he did so "If you really think about it—you killed your brother!" he laughs.

Natsu walked up behind him and punched him to the ground. Natsu kicked the man square in his face, giving him a good old break to the nose. Natsu continued to stomp on him as he said something "She's better then you that's for sure," and "Don't ever speak to her again like that!"

She watched as this happened, she didn't want to stop Natsu but she didn't want him to keep going either. "Natsu..." She mumbled

"You shouldn't listen to people like this who just want to break you down!" He yells, making her jump in surprise. "Your so much better then these pieces of shit so why do you even give them the time of day?!"

He kicks the man off the stage and he falls to the ground "I honestly am sorry for your loss, but he wouldn't want you to suffer like this, he'd want you to be happy and live much as you can, because suffering over someone is basically the same as you dying with them... and it pains me to see the girl I love like this!" He shouts.

Her eyes widened at his speech, maybe it really was time for her to move on with her life, it'd become clear to her that her big brother wouldn't want her to live like this, he'd want her to be happy—and that's what she wanted too.

He sighs and walks over to her, sitting down next to her on the bleachers. "I'm not saying it's gonna happen over night... but... I just want to see you happy okay? And I'm sure your brother would want that too..."

Tears fall down her cheeks as Natsu wipes them away. "Natsu..." she cried as Natsu wrapped his warm arms around her form.

"I promise I'll be there for you when scum bags do this from here on out okay? You just have to tell me..."

"I'm sorry," She cries, burying her face into his chest. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" She repeats over and over.

"Don't be, I love you..." Natsu smiles, kissing her forehead

"I love you too," She says in between sobs and cries.