ROGUE C. ∕︎ shadows (oneshot)

ROGUE∕︎  SHADOWS
FLUFF - NON LEMON

[ Third Person POV ]

She ran, deep in a forest filled with trees and wood. She slid under a broken tree in her way and jumped over a small river stream. Then, she was picked up from under her feet. He cursed under her panting breath. "Damn you Rogue," She said to the man holding her in his arms.

He only smiled and chuckled softly. "Got you,"

"Yeah, yeah," She says, rolling her eyes as she let out a breathy chuckle.

"Alright, let's take a break for now guys." Sting yelled.

Today was the annual training week for Sabertooth, it was around roughly eight days until the Grand Magic Games again, and (Y/N) was determined to make it as one of the five team members. Now that Sting was guild master, he couldn't complete, which means (Y/N) could have his spot if she qualified.
Rogue helped her a lot when she trained, he was like her personal trainer in a way.

Rogue set her down as she grabbed her knees and began taking deep breaths. "You good?" Rogue asked with laughter in his voice.

"Shut up," (Y/N) laughed.

"How many hours have you been training anyways? Since this morning? You gotta take it easy on yourself (Y/N)." Rogue asked, then placed his warm hand on her bare shoulder, making her look up and into Rogue's crimson red eyes.

She blinked for a minute and sat up, smirking. "So what? As long as I train hard and work for what I want I'm good."

"Mmhm, just don't go over working yourself, got that?" Rogue asked lowly.

"I won't," (Y/N) said, as she started walking back to the base camp of Sabertooth.

Rogue sneaked up behind her and wheeled her body around to face him as he pressed her body closer to his. Her eyes widened a bit as she blushed and stared at him. "R-Rogue?..." (Y/N) asked.

"I'm serious (Y/N), your clearly gonna make it as it is, so don't push yourself." He said deeply, making (Y/N) blush even more.

"Y...Yeah I know Rogue, can you let me go please?" (Y/N) asked as she looked away from his gaze.

He let go over her as she began walking back. She smiled back to Rogue, "Come on," She said, gesturing her hand for Rogue to follow her back.

Rogue stayed silent and just followed her back to the base camp.

{Time Skip: Six Days Later}
The guild members of Sabertooth were hanging around the guildhall, chatting, drinking and enjoying their guild mates company. Sting walked out of his office in a tired haze, his hair was messy and he had a cup of coffee in his hand as he held a piece of paper in his other hand.

"Listen up," He said "I worked all night—all night," He then turned and flared at his guild members, "All night long in my office—"

"Okay Sting we get it," (Y/N) rolled her eyes and then looked back at him. "Now who's the five gonna be?"

"I don't know look at this list," He said throwing it somewhere in front of him as he turned back and started to walk upstairs, clearly to his room in the guild. He raised up his hand and waved to his guild members. "Wake me up later, mmkay?" He asked tiredly, however no one heard his request, they just ran over as fast as they could to the list that was on the floor.