David! (Part III)

A scream tore through the house.

"David!" Natalie quickly scampered to David's side, immediately starting to sob at his condition.
As much as she didn't want to leave him, she had to call Jason and 911. She had to save David.

Natalie never understood how Jason could make a 30 minute trip in 15 minutes; she would always just chalk it up to luck with the streetlights. This time Jason was there in 7. He'd obviously run some red lights on his way over.

The ambulance arrived 5 minutes later and 20 minutes after that, they were in the waiting room of the hospital. By now everyone had shown up and Natalie's shoulder had been popped back into place and put into a sling.

Natalie wanted to be the first to see David. She knew it was extremely selfish of her, but she didn't care. She wanted to be the very first person by his side.

As soon as the doctor walked out, the group shot up out of their seats. He was about to explain David's condition in detail but by the looks the group was giving him, especially Natalie, the doctor could tell they weren't in the mood for any bullshit or sugarcoating. "It was bad, but he'll be fine." The doctor said.

A collective sigh of relief filled the room.

Natalie was the first to speak. "Is he awake? Can I see him?"

The doctor smiled. "Of course you can. He's actually been asking for you since he woke up.  He won't believe you're alright until he sees you for himself. We moved him out of the ER, but he's still under watch. He's in room 420." The rest of the Vlogsquad cracked up at the irony, while the doctor just looked confused. The number didn't mean anything to Natalie as she was already running towards the room.

Natalie ran into the room.

Both her and David's expressions lit up at the sight of each other. "Natalie!" David shouted, holding his arms out. "David!" Natalie immediately rushed into his arms and hugged him back with her good arm. To her chagrin, David quickly pulled away from the hug. "Are you alright? Are you hurt?" Natalie lightly nodded before frowning at him. "I can't believe you did that. Why would you trade your life for mine?" Tears were streaming down her face.

David looked up at her lovingly. "Because I can't live without you Nat. You're my everything." Natalie smiled softly and leaned in close to his face, before lightly slapping him.
She softly laughed at the confusion on his face."That was for scaring me; and this," she said, lacing her good arm around his neck, "is for everything else." David smirked. "Did you just quote "How to Train Your Dragon?"
"Shut up David." Then she kissed him.

📝I went way out of my comfort zone with this 3 part story, please tell me what you think. Please, be critical if you want, but I would appreciate any advice.