"1, 2, 3..." "Yes."

I'm sorry if this isn't that good, I couldn't really think of much to put.
¯\_()_/¯

                             _______

Natalie shook her head at David's antics.
"I can't believe you would tell him something like that," she said, smacking David's arm.
"Now everyone's going to think I hate Wyatt!"
David laughed.
"No they won't, relax."
Natalie only shook her head again.

It soon got quiet in the car.

Wanting to see if he could squeeze just a little more content out of everyone, David turned to Natalie
"Are you using me for clout?"
Everyone burst out laughing at the random question.

David then decided to take it a step further and joke about his relationship with Natalie.
"If I admit that you like me will you admit that you like me back?"
Everyone just assumed he misspoke

Natalie looked at him and smirked.
"Okay 1, 2, 3... on three we go."
David nodded, a smirk of his own plastered on his face.

"1, 2, 3..."
Natalie: "Yes."
David: "No, fuck you."

David immediately turned to look at her, his eyes wide.
Thinking quickly, Natalie improvised.
"Ha! Got you!" She laughed, trying to play it off as a joke.
Jason and Zane wheezed.

She couldn't fool David though.

Natalie's eyebrows were furrowed, and her eyes betrayed her emotions of embarrassment and hurt. They glistened with barley visible tears, which she tried to pass off as tears of laughter. Her body language was also different.
He noticed how Natalie's back was no longer straight, as she was trying to shrink back into her seat.

Not wanting to make his friends suspicious, David laughed along, exchanging nervous glances with Natalie.
She looked away and out her window.

After a couple of minutes, she finally spoke.

"David, I'm pretty tired can you turn the light off please?" Natalie asked him.
"Y- yeah sure." David reached over and shut his camera off, it's video light (IS THAT WHAT THEY'RE CALELD?) quickly following.

The car was plunged into darkness... that's when Natalie allowed her silent tears to flow.
What was she thinking thinking David was going to say yes?
She thought they were closer now.
She thought they were building something amazing.
A small part of her knew that David would never admit to something like that in front of their friends, but those thoughts were pushed away by her feelings of pain and sadness.
She ignored the sound of Jason and Zane's chatter in the backseat, choosing instead to look out the window at the passing city lights.

Jason and Zane were soon dropped off at their respective houses, and just Natalie and David were left in the car.

"Nat?" David asked.
"Natalie..."
"Nat, come on, we've been best friends for years, I know when you're pretending to—"

"I don't want to talk about it Dave can you please just drive?!" Natalie snapped, before putting her head back against the window.

David looked slightly stunned, but simply nodded and turned his attention back towards the road.

                             _______

As soon as they pulled into their driveway. Natalie immediately unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the car, intending to avoid talking to him.
David reacted quickly.
He jumped out of the Tesla and caught her in his arms as she came round it.
"Natalie wait!"

Natalie froze, then started beating on David's chest. More tears started to flow from her cheeks.
"Let me go David! Let me go!"
She tore out of his grip and ran to the front door, quickly unlocking it and running for her room.
David bolted after her, kicking the door shut on his way in.

He caught her again as they got to living room, pushing her against the wall and holding her there.
"Natalie please! Stop!"
He trapped her in his arms as Natalie beat on his chest again.
"David I said let me go! Let me—!"
She was cut off by David's lips on hers.

Natalie immediately stopped struggling and melted into him, kissing him back.
The kiss ended as quick as it started, and David pulled away.

Natalie up looked up at him, eyes wide.
"...why did you do that?"
David cupped her face in his hands and wiped some of her tears away. He kissed her forehead.
"Because I like you too. No, I love you."
Natalie blinked in shock.
"But... but you said—" David cut her off with another kiss.
"I lied. I'm sorry if I hurt you. I just didn't think you felt the same way, and I didn't want Jason and Zane to know. I wasn't exaggerating when I said I fell in love with you when I first saw you."

Natalie stared at him for a long while, before starting to cry again.
David immediately became worried.
"Hey, hey, hey! What's wrong?"
Natalie shook her head.
"Nothing, I'm just a little overwhelmed.

After a few moments, Natalie finally composed herself.
She leaned forward and kissed him. David happily kissed back, immediately wrapping his arms around her waist. Natalie responded but wrapping hers around his neck.

"Thank you." Natalie whispered in between kisses.
"For what?" David whispered back, huskily.
"For loving me back."