Natalie's Dream About David (Part II)

THE ENDING HAS A TWIST ;)

______________________________

Natalie awoke with a loud gasp. She breathed heavily, struggling to get air into her lungs.
She looked around and realized she was in her room. 
She had had a nightmare again.

The first one, she didn't mind so much. She just woke up thinking she was in pain when she really wasn't.
But this one, the second one, it was too terrifying, too terrible, to real. She looked around her room. Her family wasn't in a pool of blood on her floor. That was a very good sign.

Natalie quietly got out of bed and took a tour of the house. The backyard was empty and Shawn wasn't behind the grill, the studio was also empty.

Natalie contemplated going back to bed.
She couldn't.
She couldn't go back to sleep on her own now.
David.
She needed David.

Natalie slowly walked to his room and pushed the door open. It was dark and she could hear David snoring as he slept.
Good, she had known it was just a nightmare before, but it still felt good to confirm it 100%.

Natalie quietly closed David's bedroom door and gently slid into his bed.
Unfortunately, the movement woke him up.

"What?" David groaned and cracked his eyes open. "Natalie? What are you-?"
"David please" Natalie whispered, interrupting him.
David opened his eyes fully. "Please what? What are you doing here?"
Natalie didn't really answer his question.
"Please Dave, let me stay here. Please don't make me go back to my bed."

David was about to do exactly that, but that was when he saw Natalie's face.
Her eyes were watering and her lips were trembling. Natalie stared at him, silently begging him to let her stay and simultaneously, trying not to cry.

David reached out and rubbed her shoulder.
"Nat, what's wrong?"
Natalie immediately broke down. She told him everything from having her first nightmare, to the experience of seeing David slaughtered in her second.
David's face softened as he listened to Natalie tell him about her nightmare.
She finally looked up at him.
"You aren't going to make me go back, are you?"

David shook his head. "Of course not. It's okay, you can spend the night here if you want."
Natalie smiled and touched his arm.
"Thank you Dave."

They got comfortable and closed their eyes, but just when David was about to fall asleep, he noticed Natalie start slightly shaking.
She was still awake.
Finally, she spoke.

"Dave...?"
"Yeah?"
"Can-" Natalie hesitated. "Can you cuddle with me? Please?"
David simply slid closer to Natalie, wrapping his arms around her.
Natalie responded immediately, snuggling farther into his arms.

* * *

Natalie laughed as David shook his head at her, with a smile. She spoke into the microphone in her hand.
"David's rolling his eyes."
Both of them knew full well why he was doing that. She was lying.

Once they finished the podcast and Jason had left, Natalie stood at the island, helping herself to some Chipotle David ordered for the both of them.
She felt David put his hands on her shoulders and rub them soothingly up and down her arms.

He had been a lot more affectionate with her ever since they slept together a few days ago.
Natalie wasn't complaining though, she loved the extra attention.

David rested his chin on her shoulder.
"Why did you lie on the podcast?" He asked her.
Natalie sighed. "I started talking about it, but then I realized that I didn't want to relive it, that and the fans would go crazy if they found out we slept together."

David nodded "Yeah, I get it."
David wrapped his arms around Natalie, hugging her from behind.
Natalie hummed in contentment as he slowly rocked her from side to side.
"Thanks for being such a good friend Dave. I'm sorry I'm such a scaredy-cat."

David shook his head. "Don't mention it. And you're not a scaredy-cat, your brave, strong, and the most dedicated worker I've ever seen. I really appreciate it."
Natalie smiled and tilted her head up, kissing him on the cheek.

David smiled and kissed her on the cheek back.
He slightly faltered.
Her hair smelled like strawberries.
Natalie had run out of shampoo last night and had to borrow his.

David leaned in and smelled her hair again. Natalie smiled.
"What is up with you these days? Why are you so affectionate all of a sudden?"
She giggled, making it clear that she enjoyed the attention he was giving her.

David sighed. "When you came into my room that night, I've just never seen that side of you before. It felt like I had finally learned everything about you.
And when I woke up that morning with you next to me... I don't know, it just felt... right."
Natalie smiled. "It felt right to me too..."

David kissed her on the cheek again, soothingly rubbing the sliver of exposed skin under shirt.
Natalie leaned back into him.
David decided to get even bolder, he slid his hands further up her shirt and started rubbing her hips. He lowered his head and pressed multiple kisses to her shoulder, working his way up to her collarbone, and finally getting to her neck.
Natalie shivered and gave a small moan as David hit her sweet spot.

She turned around in his arms and stared at him. They lightly kissed.
This ignited a fire in them and they both immediately dove back in for more.

All the emotions and feelings for each other that they've pent up over the years was starting to surface. Natalie jumped into David's arms, wrapping her legs around his waist. David supported her by putting his hands under her thighs. Natalie moaned into his mouth as he squeezed her ass.

Finally, they separated.
"Wanna go to my room?" David asked.
Natalie smirked.
"Sure, lets do this."
David then carried her into his room, kicking the door shut on his way in.