What will it take?

THE CORONAVIRUS DOES NOT EXIST IN THIS FIC.
IT'S ALSO SET IN MARCH.🤷‍♂️
_______________________________

"Come on babies, just this once!" Zane begged.

David was having a party/get together with his friends. They were all getting content for their vlogs and placed bets on a few games of pool against David.
It was all fun and games, until somebody suggested they play spin the bottle for their vlogs. Jason and Josh were to act as cameramen.
All but David and Natalie agreed enthusiastically.
The group pestered them for almost half an hour before finally, David and Natalie both had had enough.

David rolled his eyes. "No guys! Seriously, stop this! Me and Natalie are going out, hopefully by the time we're back you'll stop acting so childish."
Jason snorted. "That's rich coming from you."
David gave him a glare as cold as ice before slamming his front door shut.

As soon as the door closed, the group sighed.
Josh slumped down on the couch.
"Welp, we tried. Any other ideas?"

The group had been trying to make David and Natalie realize their feelings for each other since New Years.
They knew there was something there, but they weren't 100% sure until then.

* * *

David and Natalie approached each other and hugged, wishing each other a happy New Years.
Natalie was so happy, she didn't even realize what she was doing before she gave him a kiss on the cheek.
The members of the Vlogsquad who had seen it, freaked out.
David however, just smiled at her. He knew she was just being affectionate in the moment and didn't see him that way.
This wasn't the first time that this had happened.

Normally, this would have just been let go by the others, but something happened afterwards that made it too big to ignore.

After the party had died down, everyone just sat around relaxing. Natalie had fallen asleep on the couch, David picked her up bridal style and carried her to her room, setting her down on the bed and tucking her in, before giving her a kiss on the forehead.
"Love you Nat." He whispered.

He did not realize that Matt had gotten up to use David's restroom (the guest restroom was filled with Zane and Heath's vomit from their drinking) and not only saw him give her the kiss, but heard what he had said.
Since nobody could drive, the entire gang spent the night on couches and inflatable mattresses.
As soon as David had gone to bed, Matt told the group what he had seen and heard.
The group all agreed on one thing.
They HAD to get them together.

* * *

Heath shook his head, still looking at the closed door.
"I don't know how we're gonna get them together, nothing works! What will it take?"

* * *

David and Natalie were both on edge.
Their feelings for each other had nearly been ousted again.
David had been found out by his sisters, who pressed him until he told them that he liked Natalie.
Natalie had been caught by her old sorority friends from college, who had noticed the looks that she gave David in the vlogs.
The fans never saw how Natalie looked when she was in love, but to her friends, it was unmistakable. She had the same look on her face that she used to have when she looked at Shawn, back when they were still together. Only with David, it was far more intense and filled with more love.
They pressed Natalie during their usual video calls with her until she spilled.

David and Natalie did not know their feelings towards each other. They were both too scared to admit it.

* * *