Jealousy

Natalie quietly let Todd into the house, trying her best to make sure David didn't see him. He had.
Four hours later, David was chasing Todd outside the house with his camera, laughing all the way. "What?! Leave me alone!" Todd yelled, closing the door of the car.
"Leave me alone!"
After recording Natalie for a while, David found himself in the hallway with the others.
"You're living everybody's dream," Zane told Todd. Todd quickly glanced at David, which wasn't caught by him or his camera. "Well, she is..."

                    * * *

"Do you think you will be with Natalie forever?" "Yes."
David gave them a weird look, to which everybody laughed at.

Natalie flopped onto her bed. Todd followed her into the room, closing the door behind him. "This is so annoying!" Natalie exclaimed. "He's just so fucking dense and- "
Natalie buried her head in her pillow before screaming into it in frustration.

Todd sighed. "Look, Natalie, as fun as this is for me and everyone else, are you sure this is the best way to go about things? Are you even sure he likes you that way?"
Natalie raised her head from the pillow, looking back at him.
"Yes, Todd I'm sure!"
"How?"
"His brother told me..."
Todd laughed. "Toby?! He told you?! Cheeky little shit, he broke the bro code!"
"It was for a good cause," Natalie laughed. "He's been shipping us since the day I came to LA!"
Todd chuckled. "Alright look, I have to head home. It's getting late and it's my turn to do the laundry."
"Alright, see ya!"
"Later."

                                      * * *

Natalie walked up to Todd's house and rang the doorbell. Matt answered the door.
"What? Natalie? Nat, you shouldn't be here, we're supposed to be quarantining..."
Natalie sighed. "Yeah I know I'm sorry, I just really needed to talk to Zane and Todd."
Matt's eyebrows furrowed in confusion but he stepped aside anyway.
"Can I ask what for? Look, I know we don't talk as much as the others, but if you ever need help with something don't hesitate to ask me."
Natalie stopped and hugged him. "Thank you Matt, I appreciate it. Sit in on the conversation, we'll fill you in."

They went into the kitchen and stood at the island, where Zane and Todd were already waiting for them.
After calling Carly, Erin, and Corinna on FaceTime, they started talking.
"So Natalie," Corinna started. "Why are you at their house, couldn't you have called?"
"Are you insane Corinna? I can't risk David hearing me discuss this with you guys.
Anyway, I think that David likes me-"
"You think?" Matt interrupted.
Natalie smiled. "Okay, I KNOW that he likes me. I like him back but he never does anything! I mean yeah sure he flirts but he never makes a move or anything! It's starting to get annoying!"
"Why don't you make a move then?" Erin asked, munching on some crackers.
Natalie sighed. "I want it to be him. You know how he is about relationships. I don't want to scare him off. I know that sounds weird but to me it isn't so just leave it at that."
"Ok... so what's your plan?" Matt asked her.
"Make David jealous. That's what me and Todd tried at David's house a few weeks ago before the quarantine, but I don't think he even noticed."

After talking for about an hour, they agreed on a plan. It was an extremely risky one though. Because it involved ignoring the quarantine. Natalie and Todd would go back and forth between each other's houses to hang out, basically to the point in which David couldn't even have a conversation with her anymore.
It hurt Natalie to do this because she desperately wanted her best friend around, but they had a plan, one she had to stick to.

It went on like this for weeks. Natalie would always be around Todd and essentially never give David the time of day. Did David notice? You bet your ass he did.
One day in particular, he came back from his shower to find Todd and Natalie "sleeping" on the couch. He was laying on his side and Natalie was wrapped in his arms.
David stared longingly at Natalie. 'That should be me,' he thought to himself. 'I'm her best friend, she's supposed to be hanging out with me not him...'
David quickly shook the thought out of his head. As long as she was happy, that was alright with him.