"Natalie...?"

Natalie lowered her head, trying to remain hidden from David's camera in the backseat. This was the sixth time this week that she had opted to sit in the back of the Tesla instead of the passengers seat next to David. She didn't feel like talking to him at the moment.

— ONE WEEK EARLIER —

"I don't understand why it's such a big deal." David grumbled. He and Natalie were standing at the kitchen island, Natalie was not happy with him.
"David don't you understand?! I don't like being shipbaited with Todd! It's annoying seeing all those comments about how we should be together, we're just close friends!"
David sighed.
"But it doesn't affect you're relationship with Todd at all Natalie! It's just for the vlog, that's it! As soon as the camera is off, it's over!"
"I don't care David!" Natalie countered. "I want it to stop!"
David growled slightly. "Natalie! It's getting me views alright! It's generating clicks! That's the priority right now. I'm not gonna stop!"
Natalie looked at him for a second. She didn't know whether to be angry with him or disappointed. She opted for both.
"Fine! Have it your way then, but don't expect me to be all buddy-buddy with you anytime soon." 
"Fine by me!"

                                   ***

Natalie didn't stay up late with David to watch movies anymore, she didn't help him edit, and whenever they got in the Tesla with everyone, she sat in the very back.
David scoffed at this, seeing it as petty, not realizing that he himself was also being petty.

                                     ***

This was how Natalie found herself trying to hide from David's camera, which was on the dashboard, in the back of the Tesla, giving only brief answers when someone spoke to her.

Soon, they dropped everybody else off at their respective houses and started to drive back home.
Only now that the car was empty, did David realize exactly how much he missed Natalie. He missed singing in the car together and laughing about basically nothing. He was going to talk to her, but he still wasn't planning to stop milking Tatalie.
It's been getting clicks for both him and Todd, and the numbers were great!

                                   ***

After getting home, David immediately went to got put away his camera. He came back to find Natalie in the kitchen, helping herself to some Oreos.
"Natalie..." She ignored him.
"Natalie..." She sighed.
"What do you want David."
"Why are you ignoring me?"
For a split second, Natalie's eyes softened. She didn't like ignoring David, but she was too angry at him. Natalie scoffed.
"You know full well why I'm ignoring you David Julian Dobrik." David flinched slightly at her use of his full name.
"Natalie come on! I don't understand why you're so mad! It's just for the vlog, why do you hate it so much?"
Natalie looked at him in fury. "David Dobrik, you know full well why I am angry!"
Natalie brushed past him, heading to her room.
"I REFUSE to be some clickbait whore for you and Todd!"
"Natalie what the fuck?! Come on!" David called after her.
"If it was such a big deal to you why didn't you have a problem with me milking our relatio- "
He froze. It suddenly became clear to him.

Natalie had stopped dead in her tracks. David watched as she slowly turned to face him, her eyes filled with fear.
"Natalie...?"

Before he could say another word, Natalie ran into her bedroom and slammed the door shut behind her.

***

"She likes me back!" David thought as he paced around the living room. He didn't know what to do. He's always liked Natalie. The only reason he shipbaited her and Todd with each other was because he knew she didn't have those kind of feelings for him and because he knew Todd didn't see her that way either. They were just really good friends. He NEEDED to talk to her now.

David wracked his brain, desperate for an idea on how to get her to listen to him. 'Maybe a gesture of some kind?' David stopped pacing as he finally thought of something.
'Perfect.'

***

Natalie got out of the shower and put on her night bra and some sweats. She was about to put on one of her night shirts, until she saw one of David's hoodies in her laundry. Natalie picked it up. It was soft, and it still smelled like him. She slipped it over her head and went to the kitchen.
She knew David was probably asleep by now and all she wanted to do was curl up in bed with some ice cream and watch a cheesy romcom.

As Natalie entered the living room she heard music. Slow music. "Where is that coming from?"
Natalie followed the sound of the music into the backyard and her breath caught in her throat. David was standing there, a stereo at his feet. But that wasn't the surprising part. He was wearing a tux. She didn't even know he HAD a tux.

"David," Natalie started. "W- what is this?"
David smiled.
"Remember how you said that the reason you didn't dance with me at prom was because I never asked you to?"
Natalie slowly nodded. David held his hand out to her.
"Well, I'm asking you now..."

Natalie's eyes watered slightly. Before she even knew what she was doing she had run into David's arms.
"So I take it you don't want the dance?"
Natalie slowly looked up at him. "What does this mean Dave?"
David smiled and he cupped Natalie's face, wiping away some of her tears with his thumb. "It means I like you too Natalie. Always have. As soon as you walked through that door for your first day, you had me whipped."

Natalie nearly cried of joy. She quickly leaned in, capturing his lips in her own. After a few seconds, she pulled away. David looked at her, confused.
"What's wrong?"
"I want my dance now."
David laughed.
"Of course."

They danced well into the night; both of them wrapped in the comfort of each other's arms.

"Natalie..." David whispered into her ear.
"Hm?"
"I love you."
"I love you too Davey... I love you too."