Marriage

"You'll be fine Natalie, " Cassandra soothed. "It's just for the vlog, remember?" Natalie sighed. "I know Cas. It's just that this is really weird for me and if I'm honest, it's a much bigger occasion than I thought it was going to be." David had gone all out for his "wedding" with Natalie. He had invited the entire Vlogsquad plus all of their friends and family from Chicago. Even Liza was going to be there. "As witnesses" he had said. It was also so they knew the wedding was fake and wouldn't hear about it from the internet and freak out. The semi-long guest list also gave him an excuse to throw a huge wedding. 'He always finds a way to party' Natalie thought to herself.  "You have to tell him," Cassandra told her. "He already knows I'm nervous," Natalie answered. "Not that..." Natalie tightly shut her eyes as she realized what her friend was talking about. Natalie was in love with David. She had been since they got back from the college visit in Rhode Island. "I'll tell him soon," Natalie said.

They were currently in Natalie's room while David continued to plan the wedding in the living room. It was only a month away and he wanted to be sure everything was ready and to his liking. David ran a hand through his hair in frustration. He was nervous. When he invited all those people to the wedding he had completely forgotten about the fact that that also meant he would have to kiss Natalie in front of them. Especially Natalie's father. At first David and Natalie were afraid that he wouldn't approve of the idea. Marrying an old woman he didn't know as a joke was one thing. Marrying his daughter, joke or not, was quite another. Fortunately, both he and Natalie's mom thought it was a very funny idea and agreed to the wedding. David, of course, had made a "proper" proposal to Natalie, which was hilarious and somewhat awkward for the both of them. He looked up as Natalie's door opened and said goodbye to Cas as Natalie let her out of the house.

He watched as Natalie shut the front door of their house and walked back to the kitchen. She looked off to him. "Natalie are you ok?" Natalie stiffened slightly at the sound of his voice, before relaxing. "Yeah I'm fine. Why?" "I don't know, you just look tense. Did Cas upset you?" 'Oh my God,' Natalie thought. 'He's too sweet sometimes.' "No she didn't say anything. I, uh... I actually have something to tell you."
David sat up straighter and repositioned himself so he could look at her. "Okay, what is it?" Natalie gulped. "I uh... I... I don't want to do this anymore. The wedding. I don't want to do it."

David blinked. "What?! Why?!" Natalie looked everywhere but his eyes. "I just don't want to anymore, I'm sorry." David got up from the couch and made his way to the kitchen, looking at her in barley concealed rage. "Are you serious Nat?! We agreed to the wedding! We've been planning it for weeks! I've already invited everyone! This cost me $30,000 Natalie! This is my most expensive vlog yet and now you're just saying 'no I changed my mind?!?!'"

Natalie recoiled a little at the tone of his voice. "I'm sorry I just don't like the ide-" she squeaked in surprise and a little bit of fear as David slammed his fist onto the island. "BULLSHIT NATALIE! When I last asked you, you thought it would be funny! You agreed to it!" "I-" she was interrupted again. "Why now?! Huh?! Why didn't you just tell me no when I asked you?! Why are you backing out now?! Why-" "Because I fucking love you David!" David stared at her, stunned into silence. Natalie, now very emotional, kept yelling. "I've loved you since Rhode Island! I don't want to marry you just for you're stupid vlog! I don't want you to fake kiss me at the altar! I don't want you to pretend to love me!" Tears flowing down her face, she slowly walked out of the kitchen and towards her room. Before turning into the hallway, she looked back at him. "I want you to love me for real..."
She then ran into her room, slamming the door shut behind her.