Nightstalker

Sequel to Bronco. This will be a long one as I really don't feel like writing three parts.

WARNING: A lot of this will make very little sense as it is very hard to suspend your disbelief, but please, at least try to.

Also, if you don't like violence, leave now.

To Recap:
Dinora = David
Bronco = Natalie
Ocean = Mark
Grinch = Amanda
Candle = Jake
Nightstalker = The Helicopter
Exfill Point = Military speak for extraction or pick up point.
______________________

We stared at each other for a long time, before finally, we jumped into each other's arms.
We were both crying.
"I thought you died," Natalie said, holding my face in her hands so she could look at me.
"I thought you were missing," I responded, also holding her.

Natalie gasped. "What about the others?! What happened to the others?!"
I laughed through my tears.
"All alive! They're all alive! Zane, Todd, and a lot of the others from Chicago joined the military, Heath, Carly, and Erin are at safe zones. They're all married now. Corinna is married to Todd but he wanted to do his part."

Then I remembered.
"What about Taylor? Is she ok? And did you hear from Jeff by any chance?"
Natalie nodded. "They're fine, they actually got married two years ago. Jeff joined the navy."

We both started laughing in relief.
We looked at each other and hugged again.

Then Mark spoke.
"So I take it you guys know each other?"
Amanda slapped her boyfriend upside the head.

           ______________________

We talked as we walked back to the exfill point.
I had already radioed the helicopter to pick us up.

Me and Natalie caught my team up on our relationship, until finally, Jake asked the inevitable question.
"So how did you guys end up separating?"

          ________________________
           SEVEN YEARS EARLIER

I stood in my backyard with Natalie and Taylor, looking on in horror as planes circled LA, missiles and bombs flying from their under-bellies.
I watched as a jet flew overhead and I caught a glimpse of a Red Star on its wing.

"Holy shit, those planes are Russian!"
Natalie and Taylor both looked at me.
"Are you sure," Natalie asked. "How can you tell?"
"The planes have red stars on them, I know from my video games!"
(Wtf else should I have put?)

Any response was drowned out by the sound of jet engines.
A Russian jet flew just feet over our backyard, the sheer power of it threw us to the ground. I looked up just in time to see another plane chasing after it. It was American.

Trucks and helicopters were everywhere, desperately trying to evacuate civilians.

One landed on the roof of the Comcast building, clearly picking people up.
"Oh my God, he's gonna shoot it down!" Taylor screamed.
I watched as a missile left a jet in the distance, before screaming towards the building.

The American pilot must have seen it too, as he immediately abandoned his chase of the Russian fighter. The pilot made a hard turn and flew straight into the missiles path.
The American plane was engulfed in an explosion, before it fell out of the smoke and slammed into the ground. The helicopter quickly took off and flew Eastward.

We didn't have time to dwell on the pilot's death, as Jeff came running out of the house. He had finally gotten ahold of the cops.
"There's a truck coming to this block in five minutes and a helicopter coming in ten! We have to be out front as soon as they get here!"