"..."

David sighed. He had finally finished his radio interview and they were going back to the hotel.

Natalie excused herself before they left, saying she had to go to the restroom. As soon as she had left, Megan approached David with his phone. He had given it to her while he was in the interview.
"David, I need to talk to you." She sounded serious. "Ok, what is it?" "You know that song that Todd was writing about Natalie?"

David did know about the song. He remembered when Todd came running into his house the day after David revealed the billboard to him, saying he was going to write a song about Natalie for Valentine's Day. Although Natalie was David's girlfriend, he let Todd do it since he knew it would be just as a joke. Plus it would make for good vlog content.

"Yeah, he should be releasing it today, what about it?" Megan hesitated. "Todd released it in Australia a few minutes ago and he sent you a voice memo of it so you could listen to it. I- I think you should do it now." Megan handed David his phone and a pair of headphones. David gave her a funny look, but took them from Megan's hands.

Megan watched as David chuckled at the first few bits of lyrics, before he frowned. His face contorted into one of fury and it was easy to see that he was getting more and more upset as he listened to the song. Suddenly he looked at Megan. "Natalie gave you her purse to hold while she was in the bathroom right?" "Yeah..." "Give it to me!" Although confused, Megan did as told. David fumbled through Natalie's purse until he found her phone. He quickly typed in her password and went to her messages. Sure enough, there was a voice memo from Todd. David quickly deleted it and shoved the phone back into Natalie's purse, before handing it back to Megan. "I'm sorry," Megan started. "I shouldn't have looked at your messages." David quickly shook his head. "It's alright, no harm done. I appreciate you telling me. But not a word to Natalie, got it? I want her to enjoy the rest of our trip." Megan nodded in agreement.

David spent the rest of the night and the day after that making sure Natalie didn't check her social media. Finally, they were on a flight back home. After landing, the three of them got into the Tesla, which they had left at LAX, and made their way back home. They stopped by Corinna's house and picked her up. Natalie just assumed she was gonna hang out at their house.

She eventually noticed that they weren't heading the right way back home and got confused. "David, why are we in Todd's neighborhood?" David didn't look at her. "I just need to talk to him about something real quick. I know we just got back and all but it's urgent." Natalie nodded. "No, don't worry about it, I understand. Can I ask what it's about?" David simply handed her his phone, the voice memo already pulled up. Natalie looked at him, confused. "Todd released his song about you," David explained. Natalie smiled widely and snatched the phone from David's hands. She was really curious to see what the song was like. David's phone was already plugged in to the aux cord in the car so Natalie just hit play. David cringed as the lyrics filled the car. He glanced at Natalie in the passenger seat. He could see her smile fade and tears start welling in her eyes. "Natalie, are you ok?" "..." Megan reached out from the backseat and comfortingly rubbed Natalie's shoulder. David cringed as a sob escaped Natalie's lips.

Finally, they pulled up to Todd's house. He leaned in and kissed Natalie's hair, before getting out of the car. "I'll be back." Corinna followed.
David had texted Todd earlier, saying that he wanted to talk, and Todd said he would leave the door unlocked for him. Because of this, David didn't bother knocking.

"TTTOOODDD!!!" Todd got up from the couch to greet David. "Hey Dave! What did you think of the song? Great ri-" David cut him off with a punch to the face. As soon as he went down he received a kick from Corinna. "Guys what the fuck?!" Todd yelled. "What was that song about Todd?!" Corinna demanded, her rage clearly visible. Scott started to step forward. Corinna pointed a finger at him. "Scott you better stay back if you know what's good for you!" Scott held his hands up in surrender and backed away. "I thought you were gonna make some sappy love shit!!" David yelled at Todd. "You didn't tell me you were gonna shit all over Corinna and treat Natalie like some fucking rebound! You know Natalie would never do that to Corinna!" "That's not what I meant by it!" Todd defended. "I don't care what you meant by it, it doesn't change the fact that Natalie's sitting in my car crying!" Todd's face fell. "I- I'm sorry, I didn't know it would hurt her and Corinna that bad." David growled. "Don't apologize to me. Apologize to Corinna and Natalie." With that, David and Corinna walked out of the house and got back into the Tesla.

They arrived at David's house and in a matter of minutes, they were all in bed. Megan in the guest room, Corinna in Natalie's room, and David and Natalie together in his room.

"You ok?" David asked, wrapping his arms around Natalie.
She sighed. "Yeah I'm fine. Just a little hurt. Although I do think you overreacted when you punched him, thank you for sticking up for me." David smiled before kissing her forehead. "Anytime."