"I thought I lost you!"

"Ok guys," David said into the camera. "Today I'm playing the dead friend prank on Natalie, I've got fake blood on the floor and I've got a GoPro under the couch to get another angle. I'm gonna put some of the blood on my wrists too so she'll freak out!" He laughed. "She's out shopping, she should be back any minute now."

Unfortunately, in planning for pranks for the vlog, David occasionally doesn't stop and think about the feelings of others. He's too driven by his work. A lesson he was about to re-learn.

As soon as he saw Natalie's car pulling into the driveway, David put his camera on the kitchen island, facing the hallway, and turned on the GoPro, before laying on his back, rubbing some of the fake blood on his wrist, and holding the knife loosely in his hands. 'This is gonna be so good,' he thought to himself.

Natalie got the last of the groceries out of her car and turned the key to the house. Walking in, she took note of David laying on the floor. At first, she overlooked him. But then her brain finally caught up with her. She immediately looked back at him. "David?" That's when she saw the blood. Natalie screamed in terror and ran to him, dropping the groceries all over the floor. Natalie shook him. "David?! David?!" Tears streamed down her face as she looked at him. "David please no! Please don't do this to me!" That's when she noticed the knife in his hand and the "blood" on his wrist.

A second anguished cry filled the house as Natalie put two and two together. She grabbed David's body and pulled him onto her lap, now sobbing uncontrollably. "Why David, why?!" She kept repeating as she wept.  After a few minutes, Natalie glanced back at the knife on the floor and in a split second decision, picked it up. Tears still flowing, she placed the blade at her own wrist, before looking down at him. "I'm sorry."

David opened his eyes in confusion and immediately took note of the knife in his best friend's hand, and where it was placed. "NATALIE NO!!" He shot up and out of her lap, and practically tackled her, sending the knife clattering to the floor. David pinned Natalie's arms to the floor and watched as her eyes widened in realization. Natalie immediately started crying again. "DAVID!!" Now she was the one tackling him. She attacked him in a hug, squeezing so hard that David was sure he was going to pop. He hugged her back just as hard, desperately trying to forget what Natalie had almost done.

They held onto each other for what seemed like hours before David finally broke the hug and firmly grabbed her shoulders "Natalie what were you about to do?! Huh?! What were you about to do?! Why would you do that?!" Natalie looked at him. "How are you alive? Yo-you were d-dead! I held you in my arms!"
David sighed in frustration that she didn't answer his question. "It was just a prank Natalie!" He wiped some of the "blood" off of his wrist, showing how there was no actual cut. "It wasn't real!"

Natalie's tears immediately stopped flowing.
It was just prank...
As she slowly started to realize what happened, Natalie had a hard time breathing. She was shaking uncontrollably in rage. She didn't even know it was possible to be this angry at someone. Right now, she was probably more angry with David than she was with Shawn when they broke up.

Natalie slowly got up from the floor and started walking towards her room. David got up and reached out to her. "Natalie, wait! Tell me why the hell you were about to-"  CRACK!! Natalie whirled around and gave David a slap so powerful it nearly sent him to the ground. David held his reddening cheek, staring at Natalie in astonishment. She had NEVER hit him before. Sure, she has during play fights, but never in anger. "Are you seriously asking me that?! I thought you were dead David!!" Natalie screamed, tears flowing down her cheeks. "I thought I lost you! Why do you think I was going to kill myself?! I can't live without you, I LOVE YOU!!" Natalie slapped him a second time before she stomped back to her room and slammed the door shut behind her.

— THREE HOURS LATER —

David walked up to Natalies door and knocked. "Natalie? Natalie please open the door."
"Fuck you David..." she silently responded.
David sighed. She needed space.

Natalie didn't speak to David for days. She avoided him at all costs, which wasn't hard for her to do since she wrote his schedule. But it was hard for her emotionally. She still had the raw emotions from what happened and the hug she gave him when she found out he was alright wasn't nearly enough for her.
David had spent the last few days moping around. He'd stopped posting on YouTube and social media, making the fans very anxious. He drank a lot, wallowing in self-pity and remorse. Finally, David had enough. He called Ian and cancelled his appointment with him, but told him not to tell Natalie about it.

Natalie got home at around 7:00 pm. David had his appointment with Ian at 6:45 and wouldn't be back until at least nine or ten o'clock, by which time, Natalie would already be in bed. So imagine her shock when she walked through the front door, and saw David waiting for her in the hallway. She froze. They both stared at each other for what seemed like and eternity.

Finally, Natalie snapped out of it. She huffed in anger and went to walk past him. David stepped in front of her. Natalie looked at him. "Get out of my way David," she growled. "Natalie please," David whispered. "I'm so sorry I hurt you. I just want my best friend back." Natalie's eyes welled up with tears and she again, tried to walk past David, only to have him block her path for a second time. "Nat please... I miss you."

Any composure that Natalie had, vanished. She looked at him, her lips quivering as she tried not to cry. Finally, she couldn't take it anymore. "I miss you too!" She shot forward and jumped into David's arms, wrapping her legs around his torso. David carried Natalie to the living room and carefully sat down on the couch, Natalie still on top of him, sobbing into his chest. After a while, Natalie broke the hug, but stayed on his lap. She leaned forward and captured his lips with hers; David immediately kissed back. "I love you." Natalie whispered. "I love you too," David replied. "I'm so sorry about what I put you through."

Natalie nodded. "I forgive you. Just... please, never do something like that ever again."
David shook his head. "Never." Natalie hugged him again. David got up, still carrying Natalie, and brought her to his room, gently placing her on the bed and tucking her in. As soon as David got in bed with her, Natalie snuggled into him, burying herself in his chest. David wrapped his arms around her, soothingly rubbing her back. He began humming an old lullaby his grandmother used to sing to him as a kid, back in Slovakia.
Natalie quickly fell asleep in his arms, and after giving her a kiss on the forehead, David too, went to sleep.

They slept in each other's embrace, their hearts mended.