I told you so (Part II)

David awoke with a yawn. He tried to sit up but found a weight on his chest.
He looked down.
Natalie had her head laid on his chest, her left arm wrapped around his torso and her left leg wrapped around his waist.

David couldn't help but smile at the sight.
He reached out and gently stroked her hair, moving it away from her face.
He sighed.

Natalie's cheeks were red and her nose was slightly puffed. It was obvious that she had been crying throughout the night.
David cursed himself for falling asleep before her... she was still crying, and he wasn't "there" to comfort her.

Even so, David still thought she looked beautiful.

The longer he looked at her tear streaked face, the more enraged he got. He had to have a talk with Todd.

As gently as he possibly could, David slowly untangled himself from Natalie and got out of bed.
David quickly brushed his teeth and got dressed. As he was leaving his room, he heard some movement.
David turned back towards the bed.

Natalie, eyes still closed, was reaching for his side of the bed, trying to find him.
"Mmm... Dave?" She muttered in her sleep.
David's heart melted.
He grabbed a pillow and as gently as he could, put it into Natalie's outstretched hands.
He leaned in and whispered into her ear.
"It's okay, I'm here. Go back to sleep."
Natalie hugged the pillow closer to her chest, before quickly falling back asleep.
With that done, David grabbed the keys to his Tesla and set off.

David and the rest of the Vlogsquad hated drama, especially when it was amongst themselves.
Right now however, he just couldn't bring himself to care.
Todd had hurt Natalie. His employee, his best friend, his soulmate; his Natalie.

Although David would never admit it, Natalie was the one person outside of his family that he would give his life for without an ounce of hesitation. That didn't mean he did not care about his other friends, it was just a difficult choice to make... to die for someone.
With Natalie however, it wasn't.

David was so lost in his own thoughts, that he did not realize that he had arrived.
He had overshot Todd's house by nearly 50 feet.
After putting the Tesla in reverse and repositioning it, David stepped out of the car and walked to the porch.

He beat on the front door as hard as he could, until, finally, Zane answered the door.
"Oh hey baby! What's- oof" David shoved his way past him.

Todd had, conveniently, chosen that moment to re-enter the house. He had been tanning in the backyard.
He visibly tensed at the sight of David marching towards him.
"Hey, listen man, I- Natalie- OW!"
He was silenced by a punch to the face. Although Todd was a frequent kickboxer and could take a fair amount of hits, he was neither prepared for, nor expecting David's punch.

"You keep her name out of your mouth!" David demanded.
"How could you do that to her Todd?!"
"Dude, it was never serious, you know that!"
David shoved Todd to the ground.

Zane and Scott looked on from the kitchen. Although they wanted to step in before either of their friends got hurt, they both knew that Todd had had this coming to him for a while now. It was just a question on who was going to finally snap and put him in his place. They were shocked that it turned out to be David.
But then again, David had always been more protective over Natalie than all the other Vlogsquad girls. Todd should have taken that into account before messing around with her.

"I just need to know one thing," David growled.
"Did you love her?"
Todd looked up at him.
"What...?"
"Did you love her?"
"Of- of course I did, she has an amazing personality and she's extremely beautiful-"
"NO TODD!" David roared.
"I mean did you see a future with her?!
Did you see yourself marrying her?!
Did you see yourself having kids with her?!
Did you see yourself growing old with her?!
DID. YOU. LOVE. HER?!"