Chapter 16

Today is Saturday, the absolute best day of the week because Charlie is at work and Eryk and I can pretty much do whatever we want until six o'clock. Usually we just go outside and play catch, play video games, or just go to the basement and shoot some pool but today we had something different in mind.

"Come on Eryk, it will be fun! You know it will be!"

"Yeah but it's too risky." He put the peanut butter and bread away and just shook his head at my idea.

"Charlie said he'll be home at 11 tonight, we'll be back way before then and we can both just go to bed early. You know he won't wake us up at that time if we're sleeping."

"I just don't know Cody."

"Come on you big pussy." I egged him on. "Come on, I see your lip curling up."
"Alright, alright fine. Tell them we'll be there around four." He bit into his sandwich and smiled.

I texted Josh and let them know that tonight we are going to drink and play games like we never have before. There was going to be a ton of alcohol because Josh's parents just stocked up before they left yet again to go on another trip and Eryk and I will bring our poker set he bought with his first allowance from Charlie.

We headed off to his house around a quarter until four to make sure we had plenty of time to get there and just in case anyone in the neighborhood gave us any problems. Eryk seemed a little nervous but I know once he has a few drinks he'll be fine, this wouldn't be the first time I've snuck out to drink with Charlie and I know Eryk has snuck out...he just hasn't gotten caught. Our plan couldn't fail because this time I had Eryk with me, and he's pretty responsible, or at least he's scared of Charlie. We got to the house a little late but that was okay because it was just us three and we had everything with us. We knocked on the backdoor four times before Josh, who already pregamed, finally answered and welcomed us both with two bottles of bud.

Those two beers were only the beginning; before I knew it, Eryk and I were in a shot war with our favorite whiskey...let's just say he won. Josh wanted to play beer pong but it took too long for us to have a drink so we just broke the rules and started chugging the nearest thing we could get our hands on. We were turning into grown up since we could handle more and we even started to drink bourbon instead of beer. I started to feel all the alcohol at once and it was like my mind was disappearing from me, I could feel my fingers going numb. The room was spinning and the voices slowly started to fade away as I sunk into the nearest chair I could find with my beer still in my hand. 

________________________________

I looked at my clock; it was 8:53 in the morning. I turned to Eryk but he was still sleeping, man was he drooling. I don't remember coming home last night and I definitely don't remember falling asleep in my clothes. My head was fine so I guess I wasn't as hungover as I thought I would be, I probably slept it off by my stomach was flipped.

"Eryk," I said as I wiped my eyes and tried to stand up. "Eryk, we need to get..."

I felt an up-chuck and I darted towards the bathroom to the toilet. I began vomiting intensely but I tried to be quiet so Charlie wouldn't get suspicious.
"Damn." I whispered in between pukes. "I'm gonna be in pain today."

"You bet your ass you are."

I turned around and saw Charlie standing behind me. He had his arms crossed and a really aggressive expression as he waited for me to finish puking.

"Brush your teeth. I'm going to wake up Eryk, you're to be downstairs in ten minutes. Do you understand me?"

I stood up and nodded my head, "Yes sir."

He closed the door as I opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed the toothpaste. I could barely put it on there though because my hands were shaking. How the hell did Charlie find out? I mean if we came back before he got home then there is no way he should be able to tell.

I walked downstairs to the living room and saw that Charlie and Eryk were already in the kitchen. I stood next to Eryk and tried to take a deep breath as the tension in the room grew more and more intense. Eryk had a disappointed look on his face, we were both sober so we would definitely feel whatever Charlie was about to give us and there was no way he is going to be lenient.

He stood there with his arms crossed as he glared at us both, contemplating what to do with us. Or even what to say.

"You," he narrowed his eyes at me. "out to the garage." He said with his one hand on his hip and the other pointing out the back door.

"O-okay." I said quietly and I began walking towards the door but I stopped to hear Charlie instruct Eryk.

"Should I really have to give this to you too?" He sternly asked Eryk. Eryk put his head down in shame and you could tell he wanted so badly to say no. "Should I?"

Eryk looked up and just shrugged his shoulders because he knew Charlie wouldn't like his answer. But that seemed to just piss Charlie off even more.

"When I send Cody back inside, I want you to come out."

"Yes sir." That was the first time he spoke this morning and his voice was hoarse, like a little mouse.

He sat down at the table and Charlie turned around to find me still standing there.

"Where did I tell you to go?" His eyes turned dark.

I immediately turned and ran to the garage so I would have at least a few seconds before my death. I started to panic and then shake and then I panicked even more because I was shaking so much.