chapter 4

Darlington layed on the floor, he just got the ball hit on his fore head "shit!I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" the boy who had thrown the ball said repeatedly "the hell mate?" Jojo asked clearly pissed off. She slid beside Darlington taking his head in her lap. Luckily, his glasses weren't broken. They had slipped off his face to safety. "Get the school nurse damn it!" Jojo pressed on and seconds later, the school nurse came rushing in. How weak was this boy exactly? All he did was blush and just a ball his way and now he was down on the floor, unconscious.

"Its just a minor stuff, he'd have a bandage for a while but that's it." The nurse said and jojo felt guilty. She had taken his hand saying she'd protect him and here he was, and while she waited in the halls, she began nibbling on her chain. A habit of hers

"Why are you so nervous?" Alicia asked, her tone Sharp like lacked remorse or sympathy rather. "Its just like a scrape or something minor" she added with an eye roll and finally jojo stopped nibbling on her chain and gave her best friend a disappointed look and Alicia corrected herself.

"What I mean is that it was just one hit and plus I remember how many times you had bandages because of sports"

"I know but he is pretty...... not so strong.... and ......" jojo said starting to nibble on her chain again

"I would say that you are stronger than the average girl too." Alicia said trying to lighten the mood and jojo smiled at that. "Come on, let's go. You'd come back after lunch" Alicia said sweetly and jojo agreed.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"What do you mean he went home?" Jojo asked, her voice showing annoyance

"He said he really wanted to leave. And since tomorrow is Friday, he asked I wrote him a slip saying he couldn't come to school. But don't you have his address?" The nurse said. I sighed and walked away ignoring her question.

"Whats wrong? You look so pissed" Alicia asked in concern

"Its nothing let's go" jojo said and Alicia followed like a good girl.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"I got a call from your school, you okey honey?" Delphia asked walking into Darlington's room, a glass of water in hand as she sat besid where he layed. A bandage around his forehead, somehow, he still looked cute. "Yeah just a little accident during sports" Darlington replied giving a small smile as he adjusted in his one person sized bed to take the water from his sister.

Delphia stood up quietly after he was done and walked out, "is he up?" Dorothy asked as Delphia slightly shut the door. "Yeah he is" Delphia sighed.

"Brother has always been so light, he doesn't eat much, he is so shy and sometimes it makes me wonder if he is-" Dorothy was saying when Delphia cut in

"No no, he's not. It's not like it bad or anything but...... I have a feeling he isnt" Delphia said and with that they both heaved a sigh leaving the front of his door and going down stairs to the kitchen.

"Wait, does that mean I'd have to work his shift? Oh I'm so getting paid extra" Dorothy chimed and Delphia sighed again not really knowing what to say.

Meanwhile, Darlington was in his room, he remembered how angry king was when he dropped to the floor, she was angrily talking to the guy who had accidentally hit him. "The hell mate?" He remembered her saying and suddenly it was more evident to him that she had that beautiful British accent going on and he blushed a little at his own thoughts.

She sounded so good. He thought to himself. "I need sleep, I'm not going to let Dorothy take any more of my shifts after today" he said out loud as his long eyelashes brushed the base of his eyes and he knew it was time to fall asleep and he didn't even protest. He looked so much more peaceful. His glasses were off and it was obvious how cute he was even without his glasses.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

The sound of the hard wood hitting the drum set filled the room, it got harder and harder. It had rhythm no doubt, good rhythm actually, but it was harsh and I'm pretty sure jojo was conveying her emotions in the best way she could.

"Josephine, I think you should stop before you..." Annabelle was saying and before she could complete her sentence, what she wanted to prevent had happened.  The drum sticks were now hurried within the drum and jojo let out a frustrated growl.

"Get a new one" she commanded getting up from the stool and walking out of the music room. The music room was a royal cream and gold colour and it was bigger than some studios. It was really big.

Annabelle sighed, obviously frustrated that her master was frustrated because of a boy. Just a stupid boy who didn't know how to play basketball.

"Williams! come clear this place up Damn it!" Anabelle screamed and williams, the keeper ran into the room and shook his head at the mess their master had made.

No matter how cool and calm she tried to act, her playing always said what she really felt, to the hard hitting of the drum, or the fast beating for exhilaration or joy or trill or excitement, to the lazy slow stroking of the drum, it all showed and now it was clear that she was pissed off.