chapter 24

Darlington groaned, slamming his alarm clock.

He stayed up till 2am when his mother and Dorothy kept him up asking him random questions. To try to ease the eagerness he gave them his phone to read through.

A gasp from his mother told him he made a big mistake.

"She asked your shoe size?!! Do you know what that means????!!!" His mother squealed.

"It's not what you think" Darlington explained, going red as his head ached from lack of sleep and his eyes seemed to hurt from putting on glasses too long.

He put them on his side table as his mother and Dorothy took up the remaining space of the bed.

When they got to the marriage part, Beatrice laughed it out.

"Ooooo. Already making plans for the future I see?" She laughed and Dorothy and her mother looked into each other's eyes.

"I-i love you!" Dorothy mimicked in what was supposed to be Darlington.

"I love you too!" Beatrice immitated her daughter making Darlington face palm.

"Marry me!" Dorothy said in her Darlington's impression.

"Oh yes Darlington!" Beatrice squealed and it sent a bang through Darlington's head making him cringe a little.

"Kiss me!" And they began making kissing noices.

Darlington shook his head in embarrassment.

Darlington groaned again as his alarm clock sounded again, making him hit it hard. He climbed out of bed groaning.

Putting on his slip ons and dragging himself to his bathroom upstairs out of his room. He took his towel and pulled off his clothes in his bathroom, taking a look at his swimmer body and eyebags. He sighed, dipping himself in the pre heated tub, letting the water calm him and stopping himself from falling asleep every now and then.

Darlington dragged himself out to his room, tossing on the clothes Josephine had so gracefully lent him but he had forgotten to give her back.

He threw on a pair of blue sneakers and put in his hair pin that he had gotten accustomed to.

Tying his hair back in a short pony tail. It was all Josephine's fault that he had to put up with his mother and Dorothy had kept him up all night!

Darlington laughed to himself a little. He was sleepy. Very sleepy.

He dragged himself to the bus with Dorothy laughing at him.

School was fun a little.

When he got he was greeted with a familiar smile from Josh who took him in a bro hug. Next was by Lyn, he got some stares from Sebastian as he walked by and a glare from Alicia out of jealousy as she saw him in Josephine's clothes.

He rubbed his eyes sleepily as he was by his locker. He noticed people had began parting which meant either cheerleaders or Josephine, Josh Sebastian and the other basketballers were coming through and Darlington didn't wait to find out. He ran to home room, taking his seat.

Josh was just 're making his entrance now that the place was crowded. Even though he had silent feet, even though people only seemed to notice him when he speaks up, they parted ways when he walked in the halls.

"Ok then-" the teacher began and Darlington yawned. Josephine edged further in her seat to whisper

"Did I keep you up too long last night darling?" She was taunting him. Alicia heard and went red, Darlington felt the hotness from last night come back. He mustered a scoff.