chapter 19

Darlington groaned in his sleep. The banging in his head was getting worse, forcing him out of sleep. He laid still waiting for the banging to reduce. Meanwhile, Josephine stood to the opposite side of the bed, watching him. Her blue solo cup in hand thinking of a thousand things as she stared at Darlington.

"Great you're up" Josephine said surprising Darlington making him jump out of bed abruptly and he groaned in pain. The sudden movement made the banging worse.

He felt uncomfortable and soon he felt a wave of nausea hit him. He bolted out of the bed and towards the inbuilt bathroom, puking, right into the toilet seat. It was blurry, maybe cause he felt dizzy.

With the second wave came memories. Those of last night came with it. The contact sent shivers down his spine. It wasn't just the puking that was wrong with his tummy. He felt....... butterflies.

Josephine strolled to the door of the bathroom, leaning on the door frame. "Need me to hold your hair back?" She asked after watching him struggle. She said it so easily like she was used to taking care of hungover people.

Darlington couldn't answer as he struggled with his hair while puking. Now he regretted leaving his hair that long.

Josephine sighed after no response, dropping her cup on the sink and squatting beside him. She wove her hand into his very silky hair. Leave it to Josephine to make things enjoyable even in disgusting situations.

It wasn't just about holding the hair back now. It was about how soft it felt. And the weirdest image of her and him, together flashed through her eyes. The friction. and she visibly flinched. Damn hormones.

When he was done, he rinsed his mouth in the sink away from Josephine's cup. He left the washroom, Josephine followed close behind him. Stopping outside the bathroom, leaning against its wall.

"I was starting to wonder what the after effect of downing three bottles of vodka was" Josephine mused as Darlington laid back on the bed, finally having time to analyse the situation. First off, he wasn't in his room which meant he was still at josh. Second off, Josephine was putting on a fresh set of clothes that seemed like she had thrown them on randomly. Thirdly, he just remembered something.

His lips on her very soft ones. His hand in her rough hair and his face turned beet red. He stumbled on his words, his eyes widening with realization.

"D-d-did anything happen between us? Like l-l-last night?" He felt like if his face got hotter he'd die.

"Well you kissed me, and you touched me here and here.... it was soooooo out of this world" Josephine exaggerated hugging herself with a dreamy smile. Darlington screeched in horror and Josephine burst into laughter.

It was that one that made his heart skip a beat. That one that made her look even more beautiful.

"I'm kidding. Nothing happened." She lied and he visibly relaxed. But why could he feel her hair in between his fingers? Why did his lips hurt? Was she just lying for his sake?

"But-" she began making him seat up and rest his back on the headboard. He saw his glasses on the dresser beside the bed so he picked them up. No wonder things were blurry.  He slipped them on with ease. "You did confess your undying love for me" she said. Humour lacing her every word. She was teasing him.

"No I didnt" he replied. He was sure he said nothing of that sort.

"Are you sure?" She teased on. Darlington ignored her. The pain in his head won't even allow him argue with her. He looked around the room not noticing Josephine walking slowly towards him. Well not until she plopped down on his laps.

She sat in such a way that she was facing him. His legs in between hers.

"Are you done questioning me darling?" She asked with all manner of seriousness after he had sighed. Knowing he won't be able to get her off him.

Resting his back fully on the head board and closing his eyes, trying to relax even when it was nearly impossible with Josephine on his lap.

"This is all a bad dream" he whispered to himself. He was trying to convince himself that it was all in his head. But then he heard, even if it was really low and shaky,

"So I'm a bad dream...."

His eyes shot open to face a very real Josephine biting her lower lip, staring at him intently. Her eyes had gone darker. It looked liked they were a deep metalic grey colour now. Josephine could hear her own heart beat. It was loud and fast.

Very fast.

"I'm getting quite hungry" she spoke, her voice dangerously low, still biting her lower lip with a smirk as she traced both her hands by his sides. Making him hiccup.

"Then g-g get some food" he said stammering a bit.

She leaned in to his ear, "I would but.... I'm not craving that" her voice was going lower by each word. She seemed hotter.

Her legs were hot, he could feel it.

"I'm craving-" she began, running her fingers slower, by his sides, making Darlington stiffen. "A certain hung over boy with quirky glasses"

Lust.

Darlington knew she wasn't being herself.

"-i-i-" he was cut shot by the door opening and Josh walking in.

"Jojo, stop scaring the poor boy and come down for breakfast" josh said. It seemed that his voice had snapped her out of whatever trance she was in.

Her eyes went back to their normal colour as she relunctantly got up from Darlington who released a breath he didnt know he was holding.

Josh nodded at her and she returned the gesture, he left after that.

"Go on, go get freshened up. You reek of alcohol. When you're done come down stairs. There are clothes in the worderobe so get dressed." She said turning her back to him.

"Oh and, if you really feel so disgusted about kissing or touching me then don't do it. You're f*cking me up man"she said, her british acdent becoming evident as she excited the room leaving Darlington shocked by her words.

But on a more serious note, Darlington raised up his arm and sniffed his pit. He stuck out his tongue in disgust. He really did reek.

Josephine walked down the hallway to the stairs. Her heart refused to slow down, her mind kept on replaying cenarios from the previous night.

"Jojo!" Alicia called from behind and on instinct, Josephine turned and hugged her passionately. Taking in her fresh scent and savouring every bit of it.

Alicia was shell shocked as her heart threatened to do a jail break on her.

Alicia slowly wrapped her hands around her best friend.

"It's ok. Tell me all about it." Alicia said calmly.

A/N: so yeah, this chapter wasn't exactly written by me. I did some but the main build was done by @adeebah so like.... yeah.

Hope you liked it.

Vote and leave a comment below.