chapter 22

Josephine sat by Darlington as Lyn stayed by the corner with Sebastian trying to pick the best flavour for the cake.

Darlington pulled out a sketch pad, pencil in one hand as he took a deep breath.

He put the pencil playfully to his head thinking of what to draw while absent mindedly chewing on the thumb of his free hand as he stared at the blank page.

Josephine stared at him. Taking in the very beautiful moment as Darlington was in his all oblivious glory.

She finally decided to help him.

"Darling, before you chew off your thumb, I think I'd help" she said leaning forward to take his pencil and the sketchbook to herself. She sat so they were adjacent so he could hear her better.

"So firstly you've got to consider the setting" Josephine began scribbling with her left. Darlington's eyes widened a fraction.

"Y-you're left handed?" He asked in surprise and Josephine smirked not taking her eyes off the book.

She circled the setting and began talking "You should ask yourself how the setting would be. Do you want the cake to blend into the setting or to stand out?" She was showing off not only her accent but also her great business skills.

Darlington nodded scooting closer and he regretted his actions the moment their elbows grazed as it sent warmth through his arm.

"Then next, the bride. Most of the time its a really big day for them so what would she want to see. Something to impress her and make her say wow. But then again some people prefer something not too out there so the bride's perspective is necessary. Next is the structure-" Darlington listened to every single word. Absorbing it while blushing at their proximity.

"So try to design the cake based on that. The setting is an open one so knock yourself out." Josephine mused as she scootted away a little to put some distance in between them as her heart was doing too many flips.

Darlington frowned a little but obeyed.

While he worked, Josephin took sneak pictures of him to send to Alonzo Reia the owner of the show Darlington wanted to go on.

"What do you think?" Darlington asked showing the sketch pad to Josephine. He held it up to cover his nose only showing eager eyes and hiding a pink set of dusts scattered across his cheeks.

The cake was a beautiful 10 step cake with roses running down the side of it and two joint wedding rings atop the cake.

Josephine's mouth hung open.

"W-wow. This is beautiful. You are beautiful" she said, the last part breathlessly causing Darlington to go red.

"T-thank you." He said shyly.

Her phone went ting.

Josephine looked at it. It was a message from Alonzo Reia.

"Cute boy. What exactly am I doing with him if I may ask Ms King?" The message read.

Josephine began tapping rapidly at her screen. "I'd go show the rest" Darlington said excited to a Josephine who didn't look up from her phone as she nodded at him a go ahead.

"Thanks. He has been applying for your cooking show. The one that offers money and scholarship to your university here in Canada. He said he always got turned down with an email which requested something 'extraordinary' so let's put a deal out. I'd not only give you my assurance but also invite you to a wedding where he would be doing the cake. Then you'd tell me if its 'extraordinary' or not." She sent.

A few minutes later while she was watching Darlington explain the designs to the others as they nodded, both being more attentive to Darlington's lips than his words.

Ting.

Josephine opened the message.

"Business mode already I see. You're a chip off the old block, I'd give you that. I'd let your friend have a chance since its not everyday a 40% share holder asks for a favour"

Josephine smiled to herself.

"Red velvet and white chocolate flavour" Sebastian said and Lyn nodded rapidly.

"I see... that's amazing!" He somewhat squealed as the idea hit him.

"Josephine!Josephine!" He called out hurrying to the other side ehere he formally was.

Josephine looked up from her phone, arching a brow.

"What if the focus wasn't just on what was outside? But also on the inside?" He said with sparkling eyes.

Josephine gulped hard. He was getting harder to resist.

"Splendid! We could go shopping for the stuffies you guys would need." Josephine said getting up from her seat and rubbing her hands in preparation.

"I'd be doing the funding." She boasted

"Oh right. You can't cook or bake." Darlington said blankly. Josephine felt heat creep up her cheek out of embarrassment.

"Y-yeah" Josephine said nervously. She looked away avoiding eye contact. Darlington was surprised that Josephine was blushing despite her completion.

"C-could you p-please input y-your phone number?" Darlington said handing over his phone shyly. The aqua blue case was a rearity which piqued Josephine's interest.

"Why if I may ask?" She said folding her arms across her chest, raising a brow.

"W-well, we are friends now and we do need to talk about the project so....." he trailed off shyly. Josephine nodded pulling out her phone from her back pocket and handing it over to him.

"Go ahead. Put in your phone number. I'd text you." Josephine said slyly as the both exchanged their phones.

Josephine took a quick picture. "W-what are you doing?" Darlington said confused.

"Saving my number" she replied planly as she tapped a few times before exiting and lightly clicking the power button for ghe screen to go black and handed it to Darlington as he did same.

He had saved his name as Darlington Kenneth with the emoji that wore nerd glasses.

Josephine felt her heart beat increase by his cuteness.

Darlington put his phone into his back pocket smiling at Josephine as he walked back to the rest with Josephine tailing behind him.

Darlington gave a sweet smile to Lyn who was staring intently at him.

"Ok so let's begin" Josephine began going business mode.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"Help Me out!!!!! Pleaseeeeee!!!" Josh begged a Dorothy trying to get through orders while working her ship.

"What's in it for me?" She asked finally paying attention to him.

"I'd do whatever you wish for 1 one week"

A/N: ok. So yeah. This happened. 
Vote and comment. Happy lock in guys!!!!!