Chapter 37

Duke stared in awe. The boy really had some nerve.

Josephine noticed a Darlington who was clenching his fists too tight and walking over to her with his head down. She looked around to see if there was anyone who could have made him upset and her eyes landed on a smirking Duke leaning against the door frame of the beach house.

She knew that something had happened. She sent a death glare at Duke who didn't even pay attention to her. She was upset but all her anger was calmed when she realized Darlington was enraged. He was right in front of her now and was staring up at her with tear filled eyes, through his glasses.

"Darling-" she was saying while softly cupping his face with one hand. She caressed his cheek with her thumb. wiping away an escape tear with her thumb. He leaned into her touch a little, relaxing.

He looked up at her. Deep into her eyes and it seemed like He was actually seeing her eyes. Grey orbs that had emotions dancing around. Emotions that made his heart scream. Emotions that made him wrap his arms around her neck. Emotions that made him stand on his tip toes. Emotions that made him bring their lips closer. Those emotions were emotions that he felt like he was feeling towards her.

Josephine had her eyes open wide in shock. It wasn't the first time he had kissed her on his own free will but before he was drunk. Now he wasn't. And she could tell. She knew he wasn't drunk. He smelt of vodka but not excessively. She wanted to pull away but with the amount of passion and the feeling of Darlington begging her not to leave him, she couldn't so slowly she put her hand around his waist pulling him closer in.

Duke scoffed. Seeing that happening was irritating. He looked away going back into the comfort room.

Finally, he pulled away. He was red to his ear and panting and so was she. She leaned her forehead against his, panting, she gulped a little. "Hey-" she said in a small voice that made his heart race. "H-hello" he breathed back.

"What happened to you?" She finally asked after they had got some free space sitting on a couch ignoring the music.

"I'm tired. Would you take me home?" He asked, face still red. Josephine saw him avoiding the question and decided not to press further. "Please....." He whined with a pout.

Josephine just smiled at him. "Ok darling. Lets go to your house" she said and he beamed at her. Maybe he was slightly drunk? Nope. She was sure he wasn't drunk.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

On Saturday, as early as 8 in the morning, Josephine, Lyn and Sebastian were on Darlington's front lawn and Sebastian was pushing the ding doing button.

"Darl! Get the door!" His mother shouted. She was in the kitchen while he was in the downstairs toilet. He had just woken up and was about to brush his teeth. He was planning to ignore his mother when her voice came again when he was putting toothpaste on his brush "Get. The. Door. Now" Darlington groaned louder as he pushed open the door relunctantly and made his way to the front door.

He was putting on flip flops, pyjamas and a sort of kimono after dress. His hair in its all morning glory.

He pulled open the door when Sebastian was about to hit the button again. He stopped shocked. Cocking his head to the side in a questioning manner.

"We are here for the project." Sebastian said. He was all clad in denim. Except for his grey inner t.

Lyn waved at him. She was in light brown jeans and a light woolly long sleeved top. Josephine smiled at him with a bit of pity in her eyes. She was in a black body hug turtle neck that seemed thick and a light ash woolly scarf around her neck with ash jeans.