chapter 21

Darlington went red to his ear.

"A-are they yours?" He asked tugging slightly at the sweater. Josephine nodded. And everyone went silent.

"You look so cute in that!" Lucy commented taking a picture of him. Josephine shrugged and Josh burst into laughter.

"I'm sorry man. I couldn't hold it any longer. Who's clothes did you think they were? I wear shirts. Josephine wears t shirts. There's an obvious difference. Her clothes are a couple in this house. She alternates between slacks and jeans, I mostly wear jeans." Josh said and Josephine rolled her eyes.

"Wait why are Josephine's clothes in you house?" Darlington asked tilting his head slightly. Everyone went silent till Almond walked over to Darlington and placed a hand on his shoulder. "They are cousins" he said blatantly before walking away.

Well that explained everything.

"I'd give it back on Monday, I promise!" Darlington stammered and Josephine smiled at him.

"Keep it. They suit you better." She said to him sweetly. She heard her tummy growl.

Josephine walked over to where Alicia was standing. Alicia felt her face heat up from the proximity. She forgot she was holding a big bowl of Mac n cheese.

"Smells good" Josephine said dangerously close and Alicia had the hiccups. The bowl fell from her hand and she lost her footing trying to catch it and she was falling too.

A slender athletic hand wrapped around her waist, steadying her. That hand also caught the bowl making sure not even a drop spilt on the floor.

"Are you ok love?" Josephine asked Alicia who was red from ear to eat.

Lucy took a picture before saying "I sh-" but she wasn't able to complete her sentence because of the look Josephine gave her. She held tightly to her phone. Making sure the slip from before doesn't happen again.

Darlington didn't like their position. Josephine helped Alicia stand straight and Darlington watched quietly.

"Group pictures!!!!!" Lucy squealed and began taking random selfies. One which Josephine was pecking a really red Darlington who didn't know how she got to his side so fast.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Monday came by so fast, and surprisingly Darlington didn't wasn't ready to go to school. After he got home on Saturday his mother had this proud smile on her face.

Darlington groaned all the way up and out of bed, even during his shower and on his way into the bus.

His first class was maths. He was putting on a deep blue top and trouser. Darlington didn't have enough time to read for his test and in his defense it wasn't his fault since Josephine was running through his mind, she was a great athlete so it was no surprise that she didn't get tired.

Darlington depended on pure luck as he walked into class but as soon as his paper was placed on his desk, his mind went blank.

Darlington stared at the paper, which stared back at him. Darlington looked around to find everyone intently writing and focusing on their paper. He looked back at his. Confused.

After a solid thirty minutes of not writing anything, Darlington was ready to give in his paper and leave class when he heard a whisper. "It's just to multiply it" and he knew it was Josephine.

"Question 1, its just to multiply the two digits already given to you to get your answer." She said more clearly. Alicia didn't fail to notice her best friend helping Darlington on the test.

Darlington looked at the question and it was just as she said.

"For the uhm third one its simple cardinal point. Like north west and south then your degrees. By using the Pythagoras theory in that one should give you the answer." Her voice came again. There were only 4 theory questions and 60 objectives.

"T-thank you" Darlington whispered back embarrassed. He started working on his objectives, guessing most of the answers. He really needed to get back into studying.

"For the second one the angle is the sine inverse of the opposite divided by the hypothenous" Josephine said again.

Isabella smirked noticing what was going on in class, she put up her hand drawing the teachers attention.

"I heard Josephine whispering" she said into the teachers ears. Mr Abel was beyond crossed. Josephine knew fully well that he hated cheating.

"Josephine. I heard you talking" Mr Abel said turning his attention to josephine.

Alicia rolled her eyes, she saw what Isabella did and it wasn't something that matched her reputation well.

"No I wasn't" Josephine said nonchalantly.

"Hand over your paper" he ordered and Josephine complied. Standing up and exiting class.

Darlington felt guilty as he looked at his paper. It was his fault that she got into trouble. He bit his lower lip, not being brave enough to turn in his papers and accept his stupidity.

Once the bell rang, Darlington submitted exiting class, and running around to look for Josephine.

He finally found her by her locker. "Josephine!! Josephine!!!" He called, getting her attention and halting in front of her.

He rested a little trying to catch his breath as Josephine arched a brow, watching him.

"I need to exercise more" he muttered to himself as he stood up to face her.

"I-i just wanted to s-say t-thank you for helping me earlier." He Said, his face flushed.

"Sure. It's cool" she said shrugging her shoulder even though her heart was doing a samasult.

"And also sorry. It was my fault your paper got taken before you finished." He added looking sad. Josephine arched a brow.

"Who ever said I wasn't through with my paper love?" She asked and Darlington was beyond stunned. Under 30 minutes she was done with questions that he found alien.

Darlington couldn't hide his amazement "you're so awesome!" He said, his eyes sparkling and Josephine felt heat creep up her cheeks.

"T-thank you" she said bewildered.

Darlington smiled at her then jogged off to home economic lab. He was still going to meet her there so he was really happy.

Josephine was left shock. He looked so heavenly just then. The way his blue eyes sparkled and his pupils grew bigger.

She placed a hand over her chest ignoring the students hurrying to their classes.

It was then Josephine knew that this boy called Darlington would be the death of her.