chapter 13

"So uhm....." darlington began. The silence between their group was uncomfortable.

"Youre cute" Sebastian sneered, touching Darlington's cheek lightly but Darlington flinched away, his face going pink.

King scoffed and tried looking somewhere else.

"Boys right?" Lyn said and king nodded. "Im-"Lyn was saying.

"Lyn Cornell, i know."  josephine cut her "Our parents had a business deal once. Four years ago." King added showing off her great memory.

"Oh, you're the Josephine king" Lyn said with a smirk sitting next to king. Directly opposite of Sebastian and Darlington.

"Your hands are soft. May I kiss them?" Sebastian said taking Darlington's  hand and king scoffed loudly.

"Hell no!" She said on Darlington's behalf. But Sebastian ignored her, paying attention to a very red Darlington. He leaned in to Darlington. "Or maybe you'd prefer the kiss here-" Their lips inches apart. Darlington was in a fix. Was it fear?or confusion? He didn't know.

"I said no Damn it!" King said, her British accent becoming evident. As she slammed her fist on the desk, stranding up. All the class was now paying attention to them.

"I wasn't talking to you king, back off" Sebastian said also getting up.

"Nope, why don't YOU back off" king crossed her hands over her chest, she looked so cool. Darlington was in a fix. He didn't like the situation at all, and Lyn just glared daggers at the people giving them unwanted attention. Alicia sighed while Josh face palmed.

"Why should I?" Sebastian asked, arching a brow at king

"I found him first" king said running a hand through her hair, the girls around could stand the hotness of king. Her looks, her style. Girls wanted-no, needed her in their lives. It's ok if she played with them, come to think of it, Josephine hasn't really been going out with people of recent.

"What does it matter?" Sebastian said nonchalantly, running his hand through his chestnut Brown hair. And josephine boiled but kept her cool. Josh didn't seem to care about their ego bowl as he chatted freely with his team mates.

"I'm not a thing that you just find" Darlington said shakyly. He was listening to every thing that they were saying and he couldn't help but feel like a tool. A tool being tossed around and used whenever they felt like. 

"Yeah." Lyn agreed, taking Darlington's hand in hers as she gave him comfort. He smiled genuinely at her.

"I'm sorry. My bad." Sebastian said in surrend scratching the back of hair, and Darlington gave him a warm smile making him blush a little.

"Fuck" king groaned and pushed through lockers out of the class. She couldn't take it anymore. She didn't care if it was too soon in the chapters to feel her heart beat faster for him but she didn't care anymore, she was pissed off by just Sebastian touching him. And that Lyn girl too.

Josephine ran to her locker, taking her one strap back pack and going to her car. Driving out of the school's parking lot. The big games had put pressure on her already now unwanted feelings that were spreading like cooties was unbearable.

She drove with cold metal songs oozing from her car. Her father obviously won't have time for her, so he won't be coming to her games. That pissed her off a lot.

Once she got home, she brought out new drum sticks and began to play loudly.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

School bell ring

"Where's Josephine?" Josh asked Darlington's table, but they all just kept quiet. Sebastian was looking anywhere but Josh, Darlington was looking down, fiddling with his fingers and Lyn just kept doodling cake designs. Everyone else had left the class.

"Sh-she went home" Darlington finally said.

"The hell Sebastian?! You know fully well that we need to practice after school today" Josh said slamming his fists on the table.

"Actually, i-" Sebastian was trying to defend.

"You just had to piss her off didn't you huh? Could you keep your childish quarrel till after the first game at least?!" Josh looked dissapointed.

"Darlington lets go-" Dorothy said cheerfully walking into class but stopped herself when she saw how heated the situation was.

"And you Darlington, what the fuck were you doing when all their shit was going on?!" Josh flared.

Darlington flinched at his hash tone and curse word.

"What do you think you're doing Josh?" Dorothy asked, going to stand beside her brother. He didn't even look up. He just sat there, scared of the situation.

"Could you stay out of this Dorothy?" Josh turned to her taking a calm breath.

"Darlington lets go home. I want to go with you today" Dorothy  faced her brother ignoring Josh's request. Something was off today. Dorothy usually went home ahead of them. She hardly came to their class except for something urgent.

"I'm sorry" Darlington simply said and stood up from his seat, going ahead of Dorothy who was glaring at Josh. She finally left. Lyn wondering if she should follow Darlington or not look too desperate for his attention.

She decided on the later.

Josh ran his hand through his hair. "We better go for practice" he said to Sebastian as he left class, one hand in his pocket, the other in his hair.

"Is she his girlfriend?" Lyn asked quietly.

"It's none of your business. I advice you exchange your place with either Alicia or josh" Sebastian said, putting his hands into his jacket pocket and walking out of class. Lyn just stared into space.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"Can I see Darlington?" Josh asked, he was still in his basketball outfit and had a cross bag on him.

"Sure. He's with Dorothy." Delphia smiled. She ws cleaning the resturant when Josh suddenly badged in, looking like he was 'worked till he'd dropped'.

"Thanks" he smiled at her. Going through the connection, into the house, up the stairs and towards Darlington's room.

He reached out for the door knob but stopped himself when he heard sobs. He moved closer to the room the sobs were coming from.

"-and I'm scared all over again. I know I don't - I know I don't l-like them either bu-bu-but they shouldn't be so mean!" Dorothy's voice came. The door to her room was open so Josh could see inside. Darlington was seating on her bed, with her head, burried in his shirt as she sobbed, she was clutching onto him like her life depended on it. While he, was rubbing her back. Trying to comfort her.

He spotted Josh, and Dorothy followed his line of sight to meet with the intruder.

"I'm I'm so sorry, it seems this was a bad time. I'd see you at school tomorrow" Josh said awkwardly, hand scratching the back of his head. The two siblings shared a look and nodded. Darlington stood up, as Dorothy too. 

Dorothy left the room, brushing past Josh as she whipped her tears.

Darlington stretchedm his blue long sleeved top going up, to reveal a very delicate looking flat tummy.

"Lets talk" Josh said in a serious tone.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

A/N: hi!!!😊😊😊😀

So, how do you see this book? Is it nice or like am I missing something?

Oh well,

Like and leave a comment 😁😊☺😩😩😩