chapter 28

Darlington snapped out of his daze when he saw Josephine out of his peripheral vision. He quickly swiped up, exciting the image and facing her as she took her seat beside him but not before hugging Alicia and giving her a peck to her forehead.

"Hey" she greeted Lyn who smiled and waved at her then sat beside Darlington breathing into his ear through her neck scarf "hey" it sounded low and warm and sent shivers down his spine.

"Hello" he replied not looking at her. She sighed bringing out her phone. Darlington watched as she typed then his phone vibrated in his pocket. He arched a brow at her and she wiggled her phone in his face showing that she had texted him.

He brought out his phone and read the message "I figured this would be better to talk since you're shy and all" was the message and he tapped rapidly

Josephine heard the familiar notification sound and looked at her phone "I'm not shy. I'm not just comfortable sharing my words with you yet" was the message and a smirk played its way onto her face.

"Ok ok. I know what you mean. Any who, you do know you're going to have to put your phone aside when the bus starts or you'd get car sick and as much as I love you, I'd be too busy laughing to hold your hair back cause I warned ya" was the message from Josephine.

Josh got into the bus followed by the economics teacher who did roll call

"Sebastian Nicolas?" He called.

"Here"

"Lucy Amino?"

"Here"

"Alicia Rockwell"

"Here"

"Isabella Krugman?"

"Here"

"Almond Murdoch?"

"Here"

And the rest till.. "Lyn Cornell?"

"Here" she answered clearing her throat.

"Josh Loard?"

"Here"

"Josephine king?" He asked feeling disgusted as she was focused on her phone, tapping rapidly

"Here!" She responded not taking her eyes or hands off her phone

"Darlington Kenneth?" He asked even more angry

"H-here" he stammered, getting flushed as he looked at his phone. No doubt. There was something Josephine said that got to him.

The message was "how much would I pay to get a kiss from you" and his reply made Josephine feel heat creep up her neck and rest on her cheeks.

"You don't need to pay"

Ting!

"The bus is about to start let's keep our phones aside"  was her message and he physically nodded, putting his phone into his pocket as she did same. He pressed his forehead against the window, and clossing his eyes.

Josephine thought he was sleeping so taking off her scarf and putting it around his small body while she breathed in the cold air.

Josh gave her a questioning look and she just smiled at him. She had pneumonia and she was here being a good Samaritan.

Darlington wasn't asleep until he felt the warmth of the scarf around his body. She had gripped it and held tighter to it as he snuggled into the warmth feeling too comfortable and he fell asleep instantly.

After an hour or so, the bus came to a halt in front of the resort building. It was a white with black flat roof resort.

It had a fountain and the garden was beautiful. It had other buildings and attractions. It was a long building in width three stories high.