Teagan Marie Sanchez

*beep beep beep*

I open my eyes and groan at my alarm beeping, I shut it off and uncover myself. Hi, I am Teagan Marie Sanchez, but everyone calls me Teagan. I recently moved to Sydney, Australia with my sister Alyssa. Our parents died 2 years ago in a car accident. Alyssa plays soccer and she recently signed a contract with Sydney FC, so we moved down under. We are both originally from Malibu, California, in Malibu we lived right down the street from the beach, Alyssa played soccer and I surfed and played soccer but surfing was my passion. Currently it is 5:00 am in the morning and I have to be at school at 6:00. It is my first day of Senior year, and I am attending Matraville Sports High School. I've heard many great things about Matraville, It is a sports school. You attend your regular classes but you have sports training throughout the day. I get up and head to my bathroom to get ready. I turn on the light and wash my face. I quickly brush my hair out and throw on a pair of black ripped jeans and a while California Surf Regional shirt. I slip on a pair of white vans. I am enrolled in the surf program at school. I grab my bag filled with my surf gear that I packed last night so I wouldn't do it in the morning and head downstairs. I am greeted by Alyssa making Avocado toast for breakfast. "Hey kid, here is your toast." she says sliding my toast over to me as I sit on the island. "Are you nervous?" Alyssa asks. "I am kind of nervous. I mean I am in a new place. But I am super excited to conquer Australia." I say. Alyssa chuckles and shakes her head. "At least we went to that parent teacher night thing so you could get the feel of the school and get your timetable so you know where you need to go." Alyssa said. I checked my phone and realized it was 5:30. I know where my school is and I have a drivers license in Australia and a car so I drive myself everywhere. Alyssa went upstairs so I shout to her telling her I am going to school. I grab my keys and phone and head to school. 

I arrive at the campus and it is 5:45. I head over to the surf locker-rooms to get dressed. I open the door to the girls locker room and I get some looks from some of the girls. I walk to a paper posted on the wall I look at it and look for my name, it is our locker assignments. I see my name is under locker 16. I walk around the locker room to find locker 16, once I find it I set my stuff down and start changing. I change into my wet suit and a girl comes to the locker next to me. "Hey." she says in an Australian accent. "Hi." I say back. "Um, my name is Sara. Are you new here because I have never seen you before." she says while she changes into her wet suit. "yeah I am. I moved here 2 months ago. Oh and also my name is Teagan." I tell the girl while I start to braid my hair. "Well Teagan welcome to Matraville. It is a good school, our surfing program is very competitive. But I feel like you are going to do just fine." Sara says shutting her locker. "Thank you.' I say before whom I am guessing is our coach walks in and calls us out to the beach. Everyone gets up and walks out to the beach. Our instructor starts talking about the procedures and what we are going to work on during the year. after about 30 minuets of talking it is time to surf. Everyone gets ready, I grab my board and start heading out to the water. I see Sara and jog up to her. Once we reach the ocean I get on my board and start paddling out into the ocean.

"Whoa Teagan you didn't tell me you were a god at surfing!" Sara says as we walk back into the locker room. "I wouldn't say I am a god, but I am decent." I say "Whatever you say mate." Sara says grabbing her clothes and going to change. My first day was good. I actually did good. I take a shower in the locker room. I get dressed and grab my backpack. I start to head out of the locker room, I reach into the side pocket of my backpack to pull out my time table. My first period is calculus. I gag at the thought of Math, the subject has never really been my strong suit I am good at it I get decent grades in the subject I just do not enjoy it. I walk into the school and holy cow it is big. I know where my class is so I do not get lost. I find the room and head inside, there are several students in the class talking, I kind of feel left out because I don't know anybody. I find a seat in the middle of class and set my stuff down. A girl I recognize from the surf team walks into the room, she sees me and waves politely I return the gesture. She walks over to me. "Hi, you're Teagan right?" The blond haired girl asks. "Ye- yeah I am" I say with a stutter. "I don't recall your name." I say. "Um my name is Luca White." She says grinning "Well nice to meet you Luca." As soon as I say that the bell rings indicating that class has started. Our teacher introduces himself to the class. He goes on to talk about classroom procedures and other boring first day of school stuff. Then he decides we should get to know each other. We go around the classroom introducing ourselves and giving 3 facts about ourselves and one about our family. Half way through the extra size it is my turn "Hi my name is Teagan Sanchez. I am from California. I play football also known as soccer and I also surf. I moved here 2 months ago. One fact about my family is, um my sister plays professional soccer/football here in Australia this is actually her 2nd season I just live with her now." The whole class just looks at me. A kid raises his hand. The teacher calls on him. "Um Teagan, what club does she play for?" he asks "Sydney FC. Her name is Alyssa Sanchez." I say. "Like the Alyssa Sanchez?" Another girl asks "I guess. 'The' Alyssa Sanchez." I say. The teacher re directs the class and we go back to learning about everyone. The rest of the day goes by, every class was the same going through procedures blah blah blah. The final bell rings and I grab my backpack and head out to my Jeep. I connect my phone to the Bluetooth and turn on music. I drive over to the Sydney FC training fields to practice. Even tho soccer isn't my main sport I am still good at it. Sydney FC originally offered me a contract to play for them but I turned it down. But they offered me another one to play but I am not a full time player so I took that one. It is my first year with the team and I am super excited. 

I hope you enjoyyyy!!