Birthday's and Game Day's

-One Week Later- (Teagan's POV)

"Alright girls today's game is very important. Not only because it is our season opener but also because Melbourne Victory want payback! Lets go out there and kick ass! Alight we are going out in a 3-4-3 Bledsoe in goal. I want Alyssa in the center in the back line with Green on the left and Tobin on the right. Okay Midfield I want Logarzo on the left, Polias and Thomas in the middle with Huerta on the right. Up top I want Teagan on the Left, Seimsen in the middle, and Foord on right. Come on girls you got this!" Coach says and we all start filing out of the locker room into the tunnel. The little girl next to me looks nervous so I decide to bend down and talk to her while we wait for the Victory players to come out. "Hey, are you nervous?" I ask and she shakes her head yes "Well I am too. I always get nervous. Do you want to do something that makes me not nervous?" I ask and she says sure. I grab her hands and we start jumping around and she starts laughing. We stop jumping "Are you still nervous?" I ask "Nope. Thank you for making me not nervous." she says with a toothy grin. "Anytime." I say. "Can we be friends?" she asks. "Sure! What is your name?" I ask "My name is Kai. I already know your name is Teagan!" She says. "Can I get your autograph after the game?" she asks "Yeah Kai!" The Victory team lines up and we get ready to walk out. I grab Kai's hand "Ready?" she asks me. "I am." I say and we walk on the field. The Australian national anthem is played then the game starts.

-No ones POV-

It is the 89th minuet scoreless both teams have had good looks but defense is looking tight for both. Natasha Dowie is stripped of the ball by number 13 Alyssa Sanchez the young skipper from America. She starts dribbling up the field then she passes it to the newest member of the Sydney team Kyra Thomas a bright Young Matilda. Kyra sprints pass One defender she looks up and she spots Teagan Sanchez making a run she sends the ball into the box Teagan takes one touch and it hits the back of the net "GOOOOOOOALLLLL BY NUMBER 8 TEAGAN SANCHEZ THE ROOKIE FROM AMERICA!!" It was an amazing goal that got started by Teagan's older sister Alyssa when she sent the ball up to the rookie transfer Kyra Thomas all the way to the other sister Teagan! That was a stunner! The game winning goal!

Final Whistle.

-Teagan's POV-

"Yes!" is all I managed to say when that whistle blew. I was beyond exhausted that was a tough game. 'But that goal doe' I think to myself with a smile. "Whoa sis that was amazing" Alyssa says approaching me. "I wouldn't have scored that goal if it wasn't for you!" I tell her pulling her into a hug "Yeah I made you look good." She says snickering. We start laughing and I playfully punch her in the arm. Caitlin and Kyra walk up to us laughing about something. We talk for a little bit before signing autographs. The is surprisingly a lot of Sydney fans in Melbourne. A lot of people are congratulating me on my goal, but also a lot of people are wishing me happy birthday which I am thankful for. I see Kai the girl who walked me out on the pitch so I walk over to her. "Hey kai!" I say giving her a hug. "Hey Teagan! Your goal was amazing! Also happy birthday!" she says "I wanted to tell you earlier but you looked really nervous." she says snickering. "Why thank you so much Kai! I really appreciate it." I tell her. She turns to her mom "See mom I told you I was friends with Teagan Sanchez so now can I get one of her jerseys?" she tells her mom "We will see honey." she tells Kai. All of a sudden I have an idea to give Kai my jersey and my cleats because she helped me calm down. "Hey Kai wait right here I will be right back." I tell her and she just nods her head with a huge grin. I walk over to our bench and grab my jacket I quickly take my jersey off and slip my jacket on. I take my cleats off and I rummage the bench for a sharpie. I sign my name on the cleats and the jersey and write 'for my bestfriend'. I smile and head over to where Kai was sitting. "I know you really want one of my jerseys so here you go!" I say while handing the girl my jersey. "Oh my gosh, thank you so much!" she says hugging the jersey than engulfing me in a hug. "Also one more thing. I wanted to give you my cleats!" I say and hand her the boots. "Thank you soooooo much Teagan!" she says and hugs me again. Her mom mouths thank you and I just smile. Kai lets go of me and I see the girls heading back into the locker room. "it was so nice to hang out with you Kai, but I have to go. Bye. Hopefully I see you soon." I say and walk off.

I walk toward the locker room completely exhausted after todays game. I see a few of the victory players and I politely wave before heading into the locker room. When I open the door a smile creeps on my face "Happy Birthday!" all of my teammates basically shout. Alyssa and Kyra walk out from behind the crowd with a cake in there hands. The lights turn off and everyone starts singing to me. Throughout the song I look around at all the girls they are my family. '... happy birthday to you!' I blow out my candles! "Thank you guys so much for everything I love you guys! I AM 18 BABY!" I say and everyone just laughs at me. While everyone is cutting the cake I slip away to take a quick shower in the locker room because I smell like shit. I quickly rinse off and throw on some Nike shorts and a t-shirt. I take a slice of cake 'ahh Funfetti my favorite'. I indulge in the sweetness of the cake while everyone is eating or changing or doing whatever they are doing. Today was amazing I think to myself. I was able to spend my birthday with my family.