New Friends

After the signing I headed back to the hotel room to change into my swimsuit and grab my wet suit and board, and I went out for a surf session. A couple of more girls announced that they were going to UCLA and we all followed each other on Instagram. Taylor and I followed each other on Instagram and we started DMing each other. We decided to meet up for dinner at a little restaurant around 6:00 pm. I get dressed in a stripped button up shirt with black jeans and I let my hair down. I looked good bro.

Like you know those outfits that you just feel really good in

Like you know those outfits that you just feel really good in... well this was one of those. I call an Uber and wait for it to come. While waiting I scroll through Instagram and a post from the w-league pops us. 'Breaking News Sydney FC striker Kyra Cooney-Cross has signed with Perth Glory for the remaining duration of the season'  Well good for her. My phone rings and it is my Uber saying it is here. I go down to the lobby and outside and I see the Uber. I get in and tell him the address of the restaurant. After about a 15 minuet drive we arrive. I thank him and head inside. There is a nice patio and I see Taylor sitting on it. I walk up to her "Hey Taylor!" I say approaching the table. She looks up from her phone. "Omg hi Teagan! It is so nice to meet you." she says giving me a hug, and I give her one back. She is shorter than me I am guessing she is 5'2. She is wearing a white dress with white Air Force 1's with a red check mark. She has gold ear rings in and the hair is loose. There is a jean jacket on the back of her seat. We sit down and start talking about life, soccer, our childhood. Our waiter come up to us and asks us what we want to drink, I ordered a lemonade and she got a sweet tea. "So Teagan besides soccer do you play any other sports?" Taylor asks me. "Well I do surf that is the main reason why I am here in California. I am competing in a surf competition next Saturday." I say "Wait really? You surf? I have always wanted to learn just never really had the time to do so." she tells me "yeah I do. Well maybe one day I can teach you Taylor. You should totally come to my competition it is in Huntington Beach." I tell her and she smiles. "I would love for you to teach me, and I would love to go see you. Just text me the details." We talk more about life. We order our food and our conversation continues. We talk about Australia. She tells me she has always wanted to visit. I tell her about the beaches and the animals. Our food comes out and we eat it all up. We spend more time in each others presence. I am about to order my Uber when Taylor offers to take me back to the hotel. I say okay only if I pay for dinner which she agrees. We get into her BMW and head to the hotel. On the ride there she is playing music very low. We are sitting in comfortable silence, I sometimes catch her looking at me. I take my phone out and snap a photo of us smiling and I post it on my Insta story 'New teammates and a new friend!'  I tag her in it. We pull up to the hotel and I get off and she does too. She walks around the car "Thank you for tonight Taylor it was really nice to make a friend again." I tell her "Anytime. Remember to text me the details for the surf competition." she tells me "Will do so." I say and hug her and she hugs me back. "have a safe ride." I tell her as she walks back to her car. I start to walk away and her car pulls out of the parking lot.