Now a Bruin

"Flight 283 from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles, California is now boarding." The intercom said. Alyssa and I got up from our seats and made our way over to the gate door. I got my ticket out of the side of my backpack and handed it to the lady. We made our way to the plane and took our seats. I took a seat next to the window and took my laptop and airpods out of my backpack and put my backpack in the overhead bin. I sat down and got comfortable in my seat, we had a long plane ride ahead of us. The ride was non-stop with a duration of almost 14 hours. I got situated while people started taking there seats. I turn to offer Alyssa some gum but she was passed out. I chuckle to myself, my sister is a loser. The flight attendants come and make sure everyone's seatbelts are secured and that everyone is ready for take off. They go through protocol and we take off.

I am woken up by the plane hitting the tarmac. I look out the window and I see the sun starting to rise outside. I look over to my left and see Alyssa "Good morning sleepy head!" she says and I roll my eyes "And that is coming from the one who passed out before the plane even took off." I tell her and she scoffs. The plane pulls into the gate and we start to get out. We step into the LAX airport and look around. Last time we were here was when we officially moved. We walk over to baggage claim and get our bags. While waiting for them to come Alyssa calls an Uber. I see my bag come around the conveyer belt and I grab it. Alyssa finds hers and we get a text from our Uber saying that he is here and we go out. We see the black SUV in front of the doors and we walk towards it. "Are you Alyssa?" he asks my sister and she says yes. He helps us load our bags into the trunk and we drive to our hotel. We arrive at our hotel which is near the campus of UCLA. We unload our bags and thank our driver. I am completely exhausted. We check in and go to our rooms. Alyssa and I got separate rooms, so she heads to hers and I head to mine. I walk in and holy cow it is one nice hotel room. I feel my phone buzz and I look at it. When I see who texted I roll my eyes. It is Kyra telling me she misses me. I text her back 'Don't text me ever again. This was YOURE decision not mine. Go live your life and let me live mine.' I press send and I block her number. Goodbye forever Kyra  

(Next Day)

I woke up to the sun peaking through the window of my hotel room. I pick up my phone and see that it is 7:45 am. I rub my eyes and get out of bed. I got up and took a shower, finally getting the smell of Airport off of me. After a very refreshing and much needed shower I get out and wrap my towel around me and look through my suitcase for and outfit. I pick out a yellow t-shirt from a clothing brand in Australia called streetx and throw on high wasted ripped jeans. I put my hair up in a ponytail and throw on some white Nike air maxes. I sit in my hotel room trying to find a place to eat. I find a small café that was about a 10 minuet walk away from the hotel. I texted Alyssa if she wanted to go but she said she was meeting up with her friends for breakfast. I grabbed my room key and my wallet and head out. It felt nice to be back in L.A. I finally felt at home again. Later today I was going to sign my 'contract' with UCLA and finally announce that I was going to attend school there. I was stoked. I walked into the small café and ordered a iced coffee with an acai bowl. The waitress gave me my order and I went to go sit down by the window. I am eating my bowl and scrolling through Instagram. I decide to delete all the photos on my Instagram of Kyra. I am starting a new life. Without her in it. I finish my bowl and UCLA's Instagram pops up in my feed with a new signing. 'Welcome to the Bruin Family Taylor Ray!'  The post was of a blond girl signing a paper and she was wearing a UCLA t-shirt. 'Well that is a new teammate of mine.' I think to myself. I finish my bowl and head out of the café. I walk the streets of L.A and just take it all in. I haven't been here in what feels like forever. This is for sure not Sydney. I am really going to miss Australia. 

After walking around for about 2 hours I decided to walk into the hotel to get ready. I walk to my room and head to the restroom. I turn on Spotify and start listening to music. I comb out my hair and straighten it a little bit. I throw a little bit of concealer on a pimple and put on a UCLA soccer shirt. I feel satisfied with my outfit and I smile. I hear a knock at my door and I go to open it and I see that it is Alyssa. "Are you ready?" she asks me as she walks into my room "I am actually really ready, a bit nervous, but ready as I will ever be." I tell her she hugs me "Awee baby sis you are growing up to fast for me." she tells me and I just laugh. We head out of the hotel and get into our Uber and head over to the campus. We arrive and we head over to the soccer building. We walk in and I am greeted by the UCLA head coach Amanda Cromwell. We talk a little bit and I tell her how happy I am to be here. We go into a room where a table is set up with a UCLA backdrop and a table and a chair. Basically I have to sign a paper and they will take pictures and yeah. I sit down and take the pen into my hands "here goes nothing." I say and I sign the paper. I can see Alyssa starting to tear up and Coach Cromwell with a huge smile on her face. I pose for another picture with my thumbs up and smiling. "Welcome to the bruin family!" Coach Cromwell tells me and I say thank you and smile. We go around and look at the locker rooms and the pitch. Coach Cromwell leaves to go meet another incoming freshman and Alyssa takes picture of me messing around on the pitch. I feel my phone ding and I see an Instagram notification pop up 'Please give a huge Bruin welcome to Teagan Sanchez!'  I see the photo of me smiling with my thumbs up and I smile. 'I am a bruin now.' I think to myself.