for my angels

It was the morning of the second day of competition, I have another heat today and I am stoked! Taylor and I talked about the kiss and we both agreed that being friends was best, with me just getting out of a relationship and her in and on and off relationship. She is still my bestfriend. My heat starts at 12 and it is 7. I put on a pair of board shorts and a light blue Vans shirt. I had braided my hair last night, so we were good. I put on some sunglasses and headed out to get breakfast. While being in Huntington Beach I had found a little breakfast place that had amazing acai bowls and smoothies. I walked over to the breakfast place because it as only about maybe a 5 minuet walk. I walked in and they guy at the register recognized me "Hey Teagan, nice to see you again!" the man said, he was probably in his late 60's he was a sweetheart, always had a smile on his face. "Hello Gregory! Good morning. May I get an Acai bowl with strawberries, blueberries, and bananas, with a good morning smoothie? Please." I ask "Yes sure anything for you." He enters the order into the register and goes to make my order. We talk about how I have a heat today. He asked me if I was nervous, I told his a little bit. Seeing Gregory every morning really makes my mornings. "Well here you go Teagan! Have it on the house and have a good day at your surfing competition!" he says handing me my order. "Why thank you, but I can't just take this 'on the house' I insist I pay." I say starting to take out my wallet. "No, don't think of it as a good luck charm!" he says "Okay Gregory! If you say so! Bye I will see you tomorrow!" I say walking out of the smoothie shop. "Good Luck crush it!" he says and I leave. I walkover to the beach and just sit. I do this a lot before competitions, I sit and envision myself out in the water. I used to do it a lot with my father, he was the one who taught me everything I know. I wish he was here to see me, but I know he is watching from above. I eat my food and drink my smoothie, I have a really good feeling about today.

----

"Welcome to day 2 of the Vans U.S Open! We are here at Heat 2 of the Women's Juniors Competition. Today we are up for some amazing surfing! One surfer to look out for is Teagan Sanchez she has a stellar performance yesterday, let's see if she can do it again. So first out we have Kala Kea in the Yellow Lycra, Sage Gorry in the Red Lycra, Maia Arnold in the Purple Lycra, and Sunny La'bonta in the Lime Green Lycra! Lets get started."

I sit in the tent with all the girls going in my round, everyone has their headphones in and listening to music including me. I am listening to my pump up playlist. I got an Blue Lycra which I am kind of digging. I sit and listen, my nerves are slowly start going away. 

After about 30 minuets it is time to go out and start getting ready. I step out on the backside of the tent and stretch to get loose. I finish stretching and grab my board, kiss my necklace and put it in my bag. 'Lets fucking go!' I think to myself. The announcer introduces us, then we paddle out'

---

"That was one epic heat. Teagan Sanchez with a PERFECT score. Something that has never been done by a junior. This girl has a chance to take it all. She will be competing against Maia Arnold, Sunny La'bonta, and Kiera Pickett tomorrow for the title." 

'Holy Shit' is all I could think of when I saw my score. I couldn't believe it, I still can't. I walk over to the interview section. I did a few interviews and went back to my tent to change. I changed into regular clothes, I was confused about why I haven't seen Alyssa or Taylor but I just shrugged it off maybe they went to go get food. My phone dinged and it was an email with a bunch of photos from today, I went through them and found one that I really liked.

 My phone dinged and it was an email with a bunch of photos from today, I went through them and found one that I really liked

 Liked by Tayloray, KyraThomas, CarsonPickett and 9473 others

Teagansanchez: This one was for my angels