Dream's come true

"Hey Teagan can I talk to you?" My surf coach asks me. I walk into his office. The bell had already rung and I was in the locker room packing up. "You are an amazing surfer. I have one slot for this major surf competition coming up. I was wondering if you would like to participate in the 2019 Vans US Open?" he asks me. I stand there is shock. It was my dream to surf in this competition. I have attended the competition before but never surfed in it. "Ye- Yes I would love to! Wait where is it?" I said "Huntington Beach, California." Coach said. "Yes I would love to go!" I said. "I have already asked Alyssa for consent and everything. She already filled all the paperwork needed. All you need to do is train and get ready. Teagan, I believe in you." coach said "Thank you so much for this opportunity. " I said and walked off. I am going to participate in one of the biggest surf competitions out there. I walk over to my Jeep and Kyra is there waiting for me. I must have the biggest grin on my face because she asks why I am smiling so widely. "So, you know how I have always wanted to compete in that Vans surf competition?" I tell Kyra "Yeah, it been your dream for like forever. Why?" She says but then realizes "Wha- No no way! YOU- YOUR COMPETING IN IT?" she says jumping up and down I just nod and she jumps on me and hold me tightly. "I am beyond proud of you. Wait when is it? I want to go I want to support you." She says still in my grasp "Not for another two months but we have an international break the week of and a bye week the week after. So you can come if you want to." I say "If I want to? Teagan Marie Sanchez I wouldn't miss this for the world. Just like how you are my biggest supporter I am yours. I will be there with you cheering you on." She says "I know. I love you Kyra Thomas." I say "I love you too." she says kissing me. We get in my Jeep and drive home the whole way home I can't stop thinking about the competition. This is the biggest one I have ever competed in. 

We arrived home and Alyssa and Kyra went to practice and I headed to the beach to have a surf session with my coach. The waves were actually not that bad today. "Keep your core tighter!" I hear my coach yell at me. I paddle a little further out to get an advantage point. I look in the distance and see a nice wave rolling in. I start paddling and the wave catches up to me I pop up on my board and start riding it. I hit the wave perfectly. No mistakes. I give myself a smile as the wave dies out. 'Now do that in the competition and everyone else has no chance. Keep it up Teagan." I hear my coach yell. 'One more wave and then we will do the promotion pictures.' I nod my head then paddle out on last time. The last wave I caught was nice. I didn't hit it as sharply as I would have liked too but there is always room to improve. My friend and my photographer Maise is on the beach talking to my coach when I walk up to them. I hug Maise and my coach tells us that he has to go. I go back into the water so she can get some action shots of me. We took some close up shots too of me and just regular pictures. After about an hour of taking pictures we think we have some good shots. Maise tells me she will try to get some of the pictures to me by the end of the day. I thank her for taking them for me then I leave.

I came home and went straight upstairs to take a shower. I quickly take one and change into comfortable clothes. I go downstairs and Alyssa, Caitlin and Kyra are cooking dinner, I join in with helping. We all cook and talk. Alyssa starts playing music and we all start singing. We sit down at our island and eat. Our nights have turned into family dinners. Our family isn't your typical family but it is good for us. My phone dings and Masie sent me some of the pictures.

 My phone dings and Masie sent me some of the pictures

I show everyone the pictures and text Masie a thank you

I show everyone the pictures and text Masie a thank you. Everyone is really happy for me. I open Instagram and post one of the pictures.

Caitlinfoord, Alyssasanchez, Kyrathomas and 9473 others liked your photo

teagansanchez: Huntington Beach... you are not ready.

Comments:

Alyssasanchez: I am so proud of you!

Caitlinfoord: You are going to crush it broon!!

We finish dinner and clean up. Caitlin and Alyssa disappear into Alyssa's room and Caitlin and I head up to mine. Kyra takes a shower and changes into her night clothes. We lay in my bed and cuddle before I know it I am passed out dreaming of lifting that trophy above my head.