Chapter 28 - It's enough

TIA'S POINT OF VIEW:
Noah was walking down the hallway faster then usual. He lets the door close by itself and takes his seat in the gymnasium in the front row. Kindergarteners sit on the floor. Someone pokes him, and takes him backstage. I wonder why.

Once everyone finally files into the gym half normal Mrs Dalone stands up in front of us at the podium. "I want to welcome Noah Garner in grade seven to take my spot at the podium." She leaves the podium and he steps up.

"I think anyone that has ever used the word disability in this room, doesn't understand what the word means. Doesn't understand that no one has a disability. A disability is like a flaw. But all flaws are beautiful. I think that someone with a 'disability' just has another ability then us. Now, as you may have seen what's been going on in the cafeteria for the past couple of months is going to end, because it's extremely immature and stupid. Why should I have let her boss me around like that? If no two stars are the same, then why should two or three people be the same? What if everyone here looked the same, acted the same way, all that. Can't you imagine how boring the world would have been? No interesting people you would have been able to meet? You wouldn't even know who your best friend was because there are another seven billion people looking like your best friend. Your secrets would have been all over the place because you don't know who your telling them to. But people wouldn't speak up to say 'oh, your telling this to the wrong person' because they want to know your secrets, they want to get in your business just so they can humiliate you in front of the whole school. Why would you want to do that?"

Noah gasps for air. Someone laughs in the audience.

"Did you hear that? People are not starting to laugh at people breathing. Why should you do that? You don't breathe either? Wasn't one of the first things you've done on this earth is breathe? People don't think, what if that was you? What if I was her, or him being humiliated in the cafeteria? How would I react? How would I like it? Veronica Yonwood didn't do that, and Veronica Yonwood should have done that, because what she did to Winter Claser was so stupid and full of jealousy. Winter, Hazel, Sawyer, And Sabrina, I'm sorry, I really am. I was so stupid and clueless. I won't ever be like that again. I hurt you guys, and I feel so bad. If you can't accept this apology then I understand."

They stood up and said "We do accept this apology."

Noah smiles. "We're all people with different abilities."