Distancing- Eddie Imagine

A/n- Hey guys! So this is written after a preference I did earlier. I just thought the plot was cute so I figured I'd turn it into an imagine. Also, if you guys have any requests, let me know! They really help. Love you all, and I hope you enjoy :)

    Today was incredible. You had aced your math test, had your favorite food for lunch, and you had no homework to do. Now, to make the day even greater, you were headed to meet your friends and hang out. Your friends meant more than anything to you. To make things even better, your boyfriend, Eddie Kaspbrak was going to be there. You two have been dating for a little over three months, and everything was going perfectly. He was such a caring partner, and you couldn't ask for anyone else.

    You arrived at the location where your friends were waiting for you, all talking in a circle. You recognized Eddie from the back, and excitement welled up in you. Even though you had seen him at school that day, you always felt butterflies when you were in his presence. You jogged up to Eddie and hugged him from behind. Your arms were wrapped tightly around his torso, and your head rested on his shoulder. You placed a quick kiss to his neck and giggled softly, the other losers groaning in disgust. "Hi, baby," you whispered to Eddie with the widest smile on your face. Today was amazing. At least, until now. He rapidly removed your arms from around him and pushed you back. It wasn't enough for you to fall to the ground. In fact, you had never been pushed so gently. However, his actions still hurt. You stumbled back a bit and looked at him as he turned around, looking at you like you were the last person he wanted to see. All of your friends looked shocked, and Beverly and Bill were glaring at Eddie. Out of the club, those two were your best friends.

    "Hey, um, lets go to the quarry?" Bev suggested, and everyone nodded eagerly. You hated the fact that your friends felt awkward because of yours and Eddie's relationship. Bev took the lead, along with Mike and Stanley, while Eddie walked with Richie and you with Bill and Ben. Eddie didn't even acknowledge your existence. As Bill and Ben talked, you casually slipped to be behind everyone. You didn't want them to see you cry. But how could you not? That hurt. Your heart was throbbing from pain and you wished you could just disappear. Bill noticed you weren't beside him after a few seconds and looked at Ben, who nodded before Bill waited so he could walk with you. You quickly wiped your tears with your sleeve and looked down so he wouldn't see you cry.

    "Y-y/n, I'm s-s-o sorry about h-h-how Eddie a-acted earlier." He said in a sympathetic voice while wrapping his arm around your shoulders and hugging you tightly as you both still walked.

    "I just don't know what I did wrong..." you whispered as he rubbed your arm soothingly.

    "N-nothing. Absolutely n-n-nothing. D-do you w-want me to talk t-t-o him?" You thought about it, and almost took him up on his offer. You decided to politely decline. Whatever problem Eddie had, you wanted him to talk to you about it, not someone else.

    Your tears had completely dried by the time you arrived at the quarry, but you could feel them starting up again. Everyone had jumped except for you and Eddie. "Y/n, do you want to jump first?" He asked you. Had he just forgotten about the way he had treated you?

    "No, I'll go after you," you lied with a small smile. You lifted your shirt above your head to reveal your lavender bra so that he would believe your words. He stared at you for a moment before nodding and jumping in. You took this as your opportunity to slip your shirt back on and run into the woods. You weren't worried about getting lost, since you knew your way around these parts. So you just ran until you were out of breath. You sat down against a tree and let your sobs escape. Was he breaking up with you? Why did he have a problem with you hugging him?Maybe he thought you were repulsive... you didn't know. But you did know that you don't push away people you love. Maybe he didn't love you anymore. The thoughts swelled in your mind so much that you hadn't realized thirty minutes had passed before you saw Eddie sitting next to you. You immediately tensed up, and refused to make eye contact.

    "Y/n... I'm so sorry for hurting you. I didn't think it was that big of a deal until Bill told me you were crying." Da*n it, Bill. "Can I just, please explain?"

    "If you're breaking up with me then please just... just leave. I don't want to see you right now," you whispered in all honesty. There was no movement beside you.

    "I'm not breaking up with you. But I understand if you want to break up with me. Look, I love your hugs more than anything else. But... I don't know. It was awkward, our friends seeing the height difference. I'm too short for you, Y/n. Bill is taller than you, and you two clearly have some sort of chemistry. Maybe you should go date him." He sounded deflated, and you were hurt that he thought that low of you.

    "I didn't hug Bill when I saw everyone. I hugged you. My boyfriend, who might I add, is still growing taller. I'm still growing too, Eddie, we're teenagers. I don't want to be with anyone other than you. Okay?" Eddie was staring at the ground when you looked up to see him.

    "Is it okay if I kiss you, or are we still upset with each other?" His question made you laugh as you nodded.

    "Yeah, you can kiss me." He leaned in and your lips collided in a sweet, tender kiss. It became increasingly passionate as you turned to face him more and rested your hand on his knee. The only thing that stopped you from pinning him to the ground right then and there was the fact that Richie's voice entered the picture.

    "Alright! Making up by making out! Get some Eddie!"

    "Richie, leave!" You both screamed at once. Richie ran away, causing you and Eddie to look at each other, laughing softly. He stood up and offered you his hand, which you gladly took. He walked you back to the quarry, you looked down over the edge of the cliff to see your friends all splashing one another in the water. Eddie let go of your hand so you could remove your shirt and jeans before taking his hand again.

    "Together?" Eddie asked you.

    "Together." You confirmed with a reassuring smile as you squeezed his hand. You both jumped, and as you felt the water enclosing you, you understood what 'together' had really meant. It was more than just jumping at the same time. It was a promise. A promise to be together forever.