5. "it's like fate don't you think"

"Are you kidding me Y/N!" Chaerin shrieked bursting my eardrums. "Where did all the food go?"

"Oh, I ate them," I grumbled. I was in a really bad mood for some reason. Maybe I was on my period.

In less than 1 second, Chaerin had pulled me off the couch and had shooed me outside telling me to buy more food and that I wasn't allowed to come back inside until I had at least brought a decent amount of food.

"What do I buy?" I yelled back at her but she had already shut the door, locking me out.

"Ugh, so annoying."

I walked to the nearest grocery store, which was a good 15-minute walk from my house. It was dark outside, as it was around 9 pm. I entered the shop and was greeted by a kind lady at the cashier. I grabbed a basket and started looking around for food.

Once I had gotten all the healthy food, I headed to the snacks aisle, to satisfy my needs. I looked everywhere and to my dismay, my favourite chips were up high on the very top shelf. I reached up and jumped, but was inches away from the shelf.

Then a hand reached up from behind me and grabbed the chips and dropped it in my basket.

"Barbeque chips are better." a familiar voice said. I turned around and guess who it was, the one and only Jisung.

"Chicken chips are obviously better," I stated. "What are you doing here?"

"I can shop and walk around to you know," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, funny meeting you here, it's like fate don't you think so."

"I think it's more like torture," I replied and he scoffed.

"How tall are you? 150 centimetres?"

"Excuse you! I'm not that short!"

"Really now?"

"I'm 165!" and Jisung burst into laughter. "Hey, it's not funny!"

"Oh my gosh, you're so short!" Jisung crackled and I slapped him on the arm. "Ow!"

"How tall are you then?" I demanded.

"179" Jisung smirked and my eyes widened. "No way."

"Hah yes. See?" Jisung put his chin on top of me and hugged me. It felt warm and nice but I didn't want to admit that.

"Go away you're bullying me." Y/N pouted but Jisung continued laughing.

"Hmph," Y/N huffed and struggled out of his grasp and walked to the cashier to pay for my stuff.

"Hey! Wait up! Y/N!" Jisung called after her, out of breath from laughing.

Jisung ran after me and caught up to me. I had just finished paying for my stuff and started walking home.

"A young lady like you shouldn't be walking back home alone. It's dangerous you know."

"Don't you hate me though?" I questioned.

"Who said I hated you?" his eyebrow raised.

"I mean I was rude to you and dumped ice-cream on you, it's a pretty good reason to hate someone."

"Silly little girl," he said and ruffled my hair making me annoyed. "I don't hate you, and besides what's in the past is the past. I simply dislike you. Unless you want me to hate you?" he asked, smirking.

"Of course not." I retorted. I was surprised. He was so weird.

"Now come on, let's go back to your home. Even if I dislike you, I don't want you to be kidnapped by anyone."

"You read to many fanfictions." and he glared at me, bringing a tiny smile to my lips.

We were walking side by side in silence, but comfortable silence. He was holding onto most of my bags, as we were arguing before for who should carry the bags. He won, obviously and was now carrying all of my bags except one. I had to carry that one and the only thing inside that was the chips.

"You know I'm not weak right?" I grumbled and he laughed.

"I know, but I have to be a gentleman."

"Are you sure you dislike me? You really don't seem like you dislike me." I asked.

"Oh, I'm sure I dislike you." Jisung said but inside his heart he knew he was lying.

Liar. You like her.

Shut up voice, Jisung said to himself.

"Right, this is where I live. Thanks for helping I guess. See you." I said and walked inside without waiting for his reply.

"See you!" he yelled after me and I had to suppress a grin from forming. I walked upstairs with the bags and knocked on our apartment door. Chaerin opened the door, and as soon as she saw the bag with chips, she grabbed it and went to the kitchen.

"Hey! I need help with the bags!" I yelled. "CHAERIN!"