17. "I'm so sorry"

Chaerin's POV

why is my head throbbing? Why does my stomach hurt?

"Chaerin." 

I turned around to the familiar voice. "Daehwi!" I ran towards him and gave him a big hug. He hugged me back and ruffled my hair. 
"Where am I?" 

Was I dreaming? It was a white sky, with blue clouds that me and Daehwi were standing on. 

Daehwi sighed. He let go of me and walked over about a meter away. He bent down and out of nowhere a purple chair appeared just as he sat down. 

"Purple's your favourite colour." i blurted out and he grinned.

"You remembered."  he beckoned me to walk over to him and I did. He clicked his fingers and a yellow chair appeared next to him. I sat down and put my head on his shoulder. 

"Of course I did. You're my best friend." words came out of my mouth that I wasn't sure it was entirely true. I felt him shift when I said that. 

"Chaerin." I lifted my head to look at him. 

"Was I ever more than a best friend to you?" he asked me, pain evident in his eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I stuttered. 

"I love you."

"So do I. We're besties?" I said, confused but he shook his head. 

"I love you. Like in a romantic way," he confessed. "It's okay i know you don't feel-"

I leaned forward and pressed my lips on his. I could tell he was shocked. But after a while, the shock faded and he kissed me back.

After a passionate kiss, we broke apart and I scanned Daehwi's face. He looked shocked, which was understandable.

"I love you too Daehwi," I whispered, but he looked worried. He furrowed his eyebrows and broke eye contact with me and looked the other direction.

"What? What's wrong? Did I say something? Daehwi!?" I muttered but then he started fading. He smiled at me sadly.

"I'm sorry." he whispered before my vision went black.

"Daehwi?" i called out.

"Daehwi?DAEHWI!" 

"Daehwi! Where are y-" 

"CHAERIN!" a familiar voice entered my mind. Whose voice was that? It sounded like...Y/N?

"Y/N?" I called out. "Y/N?"