12. "you're leaving me just like everyone else"

There was silence on the phone. No one spoke again from either end of the line. Y/N couldn't speak from shock. She couldn't believe it. When she needed Jisung the most, he was going to leave? Jisung didn't speak because he was worried about Y/N's reaction. What was she going to say?

"Y/N?" he finally managed to say.

BEEP!

He looked down at his phone and saw the call has ended sign. She ended the call.

What have I done? 

Y/N's POV

I ended the call. I couldn't believe it. I needed him the most. I needed my friend. No, he wasn't my friend. I liked him. A lot. I finally realised that. But he saw me as a friend. And I couldn't do anything about it. 

A beep came from my phone and I looked down and saw Jisung's name flash on my screen. I saw his texts and I just stared at my phone as each missed call from him rolled through my screen. I shook my head and placed my phone down beside me. Then I decided to go to sleep. I needed it. 

And I also needed Jisung.

Jisung's POV

I slammed another water bottle into the wall, and it shattered. Of course it was made out of glass. More mess to clean up. Horray.

But I was worried about Y/N. What did she want to tell me earlier? She said she was scared-but of what? Or who? My heart throbbed when I thought about her. But why? She was only my friend, right?

I decided to try to call her one more time. I called her and waited.

drrrrr

drrrrr

drrrrr

"..."

"Y/N why aren't you answering my calls and texts?" I asked when I realised that she had picked up the phone.

"I don't have too," she replied in a cold tone.

"What do you mean? Y/N! Stop avoiding me! What's wrong?"

"Everything!" I heard her sigh into the phone.

"Well, why aren't you answering my calls?"

"Because you're leaving me just like everyone else I love. What's the point of texting you-" I heard her yell into the phone before she froze.

A beep was heard as I realised again, that she had hung up.

Wait.

Did she just say that she loves me?

 I need to find her.

Y/N's POV

"Y/N what's wrong, why are you packing up all your stuff?" Chaerin asked confused. I sighed. Chaerin deserved the truth.

"So you know how my parents broke out of jail?" I said hurriedly. 

"Yea, what about that-"

"They're been sighted. Here. In this town." I wasn't lying but I wasn't telling the complete truth. I was reading the news when I saw that an old couple has spotted them in this very area. But another part was to avoid Jisung. I mean, I was already going to be far enough from him, but I couldn't be here.

"What? Seriously?" Chaerin asked flabbergasted.

"Yes. I'm sorry-"

"I understand. Go. Now. Stay safe Y/N. " Chaerin said and smiled sadly at me.

"You can come with me-"

"No. I'll stay here. I'll do my best to keep them away from you." Chaerin said firmly.

"Chaerin, you're going to be in danger!" I argued.

"I'll be fine. You're the one in danger." Chaerin said firmly and hurriedly pushed me towards the door.

"Chaerin-"

"No. My decision is final. Go Y/N." she smiled at me sadly and tears started to form in her eyes.

"I love you so much Chaerin." I cried and hugged her.

" I love you too" she smiled through tears. "no homo though." and I chuckled sadly.

"Goodbye-"

"No, I hate goodbyes," Chaerin said to me, her tears shinning.

"I'll see you soon Y/N," she said and I grinned at her.

"I'll see you out there Chaerin," I replied and gave her one last hug before I went out. I didn't look back as I knew it would be even harder for me.

Please stay safe Y/N. Please do, Chaerin prayed.