10. "tell me! now!"

I woke up with the bright light shining in my face. What a wonderful day today would be, I thought.

Sike!

"WAKE UP!" Chaerin screamed in my face as I groaned.

"It's way too early Chaerin," I mumbled and tried to block out the annoying light that was shinning in my face with my pillow. If only Chaerin would let me. She yanked the pillow out of my hands and then pulled my blanket off me making me squeal as the coldness surrounded me.

"Chaerin! It's so cold!" I complained. "Get up! We're gonna be late for school!" she lashed back and yanked my other pillow out of my grip as I tried to go back to sleep. "Y/N!"

"Fine, I'll get up," I said wearily and rubbed my eyes. Was it really yesterday that Jisung had gotten me into NCT? Did I only started stanning NCT yesterday? It felt like I had known NCT for years. Of course, I wouldn't tell Chaerin that I had gotten into NCT, or she would go crazy. I might tell her another time. When I was certain that she wouldn't go crazy.

I quickly got up and got dressed in the most comfortable clothes I got to find, other than my pyjamas. I choose a plain white shirt with my purple hoodie over the top with some blue jeans and my black sneakers.

I headed down and saw Chaerin in the kitchen making some coffee. She was wearing a much flashier outfit than mine. Chaerin was wearing a red crop top that left her midriff exposed, along with some black shorts that barely covered her bottom. To top it off she wore some red thongs and had a few rings and bracelets that made her the flashed in the light. Then she had such heavy makeup on, that I could barely recognise her.

"Chaerin? What did you do to yourself?" I asked shocked. This wasn't my best friend. This was someone else. Sure, she was always flashy and way more confident than me. But she never exposed this much before. Never!

"Hey Y/N. I decided to change myself!" she smiled, but I could tell it was fake.

"Chaerin, this isn't you. Who told you to do this?" I asked and she shook her head and laughed, an unfamiliar laugh that was high pitched and disgusting. It wasn't Chaerin's normal laugh which was bubbly and yes it sounded like a dolphin but it was way better than this laugh.

"And how did you do all this in like what, 10 minutes?" I asked flabbergasted. "Oh sweetie, no one told me or forced me. I choose myself. Don't I look just glamorous?" She drawled in such a high pitched voice that broke my ears.

"Chaerin, what happened to you? Who did this to you? This isn't you!" I said, upset as I felt tears coming into my eyes.

"I'm sorry darling, but this is me now. You better deal with it." she snarled at me and strutted off. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. What happened to her? 

After the Chaerin incident, I took the bus to my high school, still confused and upset about Chaerin. I entered the school gates and walked into the school. As I was walking to my locker, I was suddenly smashed with a sudden hug that nearly toppled me over.