Part 2

"We're on the ground, El."

I slowly opened my eyes and my vision started to clear. 

"Harper..?"

"Oh thank God you're okay Elaine! You were unconscious during the whole landing, I was starting to belive you weren't gonna wake up." Harper said to me as she gave me a tight hug. 

"Well you know I'm way to stubborn to give up that easily." I declared and gave her a smile. "But wait a second, we're on the ground?!" I asked Harper confused as I turned around to look at the surroundings. 

"Yeah, there's a 100 of us. El, I will fill you in on everything later but we should head down to the lower level now." I nodded as Harper gave me her hand to help me stand up. Wow, I can't belive my father let this happen... or maybe I'm not surprised at all. Me and Harper have been best friends since as long as I can remember. She is like a sister to me, we always have each others backs. So although this situation is messy and confusing, it felt very reasuring to have her with me. 

Me and Harper climbed down the ladder to the lower level as I heard someone yell.

"Hey, the Princess is here!" Some random guy shouted as I could here other guys catcalling at my direction. I rolled my eyes while not being in the mood to give them any attention what so ever. 

"Stop!" I hear a female voice announce. "The air could be toxic!" It was Clarke Griffin. We kind of know each other since we both have parents on the council. I guess I can call her my friend. She argued with a dark haired tall man who looked a few years older than the rest of us. Something about him seemed familiar, but I couldn't figure out what it was. 

"Bellamy?" A soft voice said towards the man. Then it hit me, Bellamy Blake.

---

Flashback 4 months ago:

We had just finished the previous school year. Ahead of us we now had a 2 week break before getting back to the classrooms and starting the next school year. This time every year the students celebrated that we had made it through another year of school by a party. The party was structured by the teachers tho, but it was still a nice event and tradition that everyone enjoyed. I had dressed up in a quite casual tight dark blue dress and done some loose curls to my blonde hair. We played games, danced to music and some students as usual performed songs on the stage. I had just performed a duet with Miller, it was so much fun and the crowd seemed to enjoy it as well. I love singing, so I always take the chance to sing when I get it.

I enjoyed the evening together with my best friend Harper and Miller, and also other people in my class like Jasper and Monty. God those two guys always makes me laugh no matter what. After dancing to a few songs, I snuck out of the party premises to take a small break at my favourite spot on the Ark not far from the party. It was nothing special, just a big round window showing the Earth. But this place kind of felt like mine, since it's a bit hidden and not many people knows about it. 

I looked out the window, observing the planet, just like I did a few minutes every day. 

"Boring party?"  A guy approached me from behind. He was wearing some type of guard uniform and god if he was beautiful. 

"No... why would it be?" I asked, a bit confused over what this guard was doing there.

"Well, since you just left to stare out of a window instead of partying with your friends?" he stated looking at me with a smile.

"So you've been following me? If you continue like this people may start to think you're my bodyguard." I chuckled while taking my eyes off his face to look out the window instead.