Part 37

I found myself walking over to Raven's tech room once again. It's been days since the missile hit Ton DC and my father is slowly recovering from his injuries. I'm forever grateful that he survived the incident, just like Abby, Octavia, Lincoln for example. 

But my mind keeps on going back to Clarke. I don't understand how she could let that happen. I know she did it to probably save the many in the end, and it was certainly a hard decision for her to make... But still. I still can't belive it. This is not the Clarke I once knew.

"Bellamy, come in." I heard Raven's voice through the door to her room. 

"Yeah, I'm a little busy here, Raven." Bellamy mumbled through the radio.

"You missed check-in. Your girlfriend has been pacing around in the hallway for thirty minutes straight." Raven mentioned and I chuckled as I stepped inside the room. Raven smiled and laughed lightly as soon as she saw me and once again put the radio by her mouth. "And just like magic, she appears as soon as you call."

"You there, Princess?" I smiled to his words as I took the radio from Raven's hands.

"Yeah." I said softly. "You okay?"

"I'm fine. How's your dad doing?" Bellamy asked me. He knew what happened at Ton DC and how critical my dad's condition has been.

"He's getting better and better for every day. Hopefully, he'll soon be back to normal." I explained to Bellamy with a sad smile on my face.

"I'm sure he will. He's a Kane." Bellamy assured me while trying to lightening the mood. 

I cast a glance at Raven and I could see on her face that she thought it was about time to cut the small talk and get back to work. "Anyway, have you found the source of the acid fog yet?" I asked Bellamy to Raven's delight.

"I'm making my way there now. It's taking a little longer than I expected." He told me and I could hear on his voice that he was stressed.

"We struggle to crack it on this end." I explained the situation for him. It was very difficult to find a way to disable the fog without any information from him. "You gotta give us something."

"I'm working on it." Bellamy mentioned and I nodded while looking over our drawing and work of the dam. "Something's wrong."

"What?" I furrowed my brows.

"My keycard isn't working." He stated and I gave Raven a worried look.

"That's not good." I commented while my mind ran through different scenarios on why it wasn't working.

"I need to find another way in. I'll call you guys back." Bellamy pointed out and turned off his radio. 

---

After convincing Raven, I managed to let a guy named Wick to help us with the issue. He's a smart guy, and we really need as much help as possible at the moment.

"Hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid..." Wick listed different acids on a board that the acid fog possibly could contain of.

"Perchloric acid." I added, and Wick nodded as he wrote it down too.

"Hey, it could be nitric acid." He enlightened.

"You're just naming all the acids you know." Raven mocked.

"Fine, ruin our fun." Wick turned around and walked away from the board.

"Look, this isn't helping." Raven pointed out. "Like I said, we should just disable the machine itself."

"Any machine like this has to have safeguards. They can't keep a boatload of acid without a way to neutralize it." Wick explained.

"Neutralization is too complicated." Raven argued while raising both her eyebrows at him.