Part 23

"Who the hell let you in, Elaine?!"My dad's voice echoed through the room as he stormed in. 

"My brain." I shrugged sassily, still staying close to Bellamy.

"I never told you any of the passwords." My dad pointed out, confused.

"That means I outsmarted you then." I fake smiled clearly, I was very annoyed at him.

"Anyway, what do you want, dad?" I questioned sternly.

"I'm here to ask Blake questions about our opponents. I need to know what we're up against."He told me as he crossed his arms over his chest. "So leave the room, Elaine."

"Out of the question, I'm not leaving!" I argued, locking my eyes with my dad's.

"I'm the Chancellor, Elaine, and you follow my orders!" He articulated, clearly pissed off by me right now.

"Well maybe it's time for you to stop acting like my commander and start acting like my father!" I suggested with a raised voice. I could see that my words did hit my dad. "Plus, I've been around here for just as long as Bellamy. I have informative stuff to share too."

My dad looked for a second at his feet first before he spoke up. "Fine." He gave in, letting me stay. I love it when I win an argument against him.

My dad put out three chairs. One for him to sit on, and two for me and Bellamy infront of him. My dad took a seat, and so did I. Bellamy didn't, he still stood up. 

"Blake, you said that there was hundereds of grounders attacking. Two? Three hundered?" My dad asked Bellamy.

"I didn't count!" Bellamy snapped at him, very irritated.

"It's kind of unnessential information really. There's for sure thousands of them, no matter how many that fought us that day." I declared.

My dad directly jumped into the next question. "Why do you think they attacked, what provoked them?"

"We were here, that was enough." Bellamy answered and I nodded. "Look, we're wasting time. The others didn't just vanish into thin air! They were taken, and we need to go after them." 

Bellamy was very upset. He was worried. Worried for everyone else, especially his sister. But it wasn't just the worry that made him want to find them, he also felt a responsibility of the group.

"The search team is getting ready to leave." Dad explained.

Then Bellamy went quiet. He walked towards us and sat down on his chair, looking straight at my dad. "I need to be on that team, please." He begged.

"It's out of the question, you're not trained." Dad lectured him, looking like he was pleased by the fact that Bellamy didn't get what he wanted.

"But dad, we're more  trained than any of you are. None of the guards knows anything about the ground or the grounders." I debated, making a pretty good point in my opinion.

"It's too dangerous." Dad added.

"Those are my people out there." Bellamy argued looking into my dad's eyes.

"They're my people too. You wanna help them? Tell me useful facts. Tactics, their numbers, what kind of weapons they used."

"Arrows, spears." Bellamy explained.

"Axes and swords." I added to the list.

"No guns?" Dad asked us. We both shooked our heads. "But you had guns?"

Bellamy looked dissapointed before he started talking. "The guns we found evened it up a bit. Maybe... if we had more bullets-"

"There were more bullets. The search team just returned from the bunker." Dad lectured, alomst looking like he was pleased that Bellamy had failed.