Part 55

Season 4

Bellamy was standing on the ground, hands in his pockets as he looked over the city of Polis. The city was a disaster. Dead bodies laid on the bloody ground. People were crying. Some were crying because of their pain returning after being chipped, and some were crying over losses of loved ones. Bellamy looked worried as he glanced over the people, his eyes mostly focusing on his sister.

"She'll be okay." I approached him by his side. "Octavia can take care of herself."

Bellamy pressed his lips together. "That's not what I'm worried about."

I bit my lip as I figured out what he was worrying about. After Alie was shut down, Octavia pulled a sword through Pike's body, killing him. 

"She won't be charged." I denied, and our eyes met. "Everyone will say that he had it coming."

"Maybe we all do." Bellamy gulped and I leaned my head against his shoulder.

Clarke joined us, standing by my side as she looked over all the miserable people in the city. It was a sickening sight, so many people died because of that AI.

"How do we tell these people the world is ending after everything they've been thorugh?" Clarke spoke up.

"We don't. Not until we know Alie was telling you the truth." Bellamy replied and I moved away from his shoulder.

"Wait, what are you talking about?" I furrowed my brows, looking at Clarke. "The world is ending? Didn't you just save the world?"

"I didn't." Clarke gulped and I furrowed my eyebrows even more as I was very confused. "When I shut down Alie, she told me that nuclear reactors inside power plants that survived the bombs are melting down. If we can't find a way to fix it, all of us will be dead in six months." She explained to me and then turned to face Bellamy. "And it was the truth."

"Still, we keep it to ourselves until we know what we're dealing with and how to stop it." Bellamy argued against Clarke.

"You're afraid of how people will react." Clarke noted.

"Yes." Bellamy said bluntly. "Besides, I could use a break, keeping the two of you alive."

I smiled lightly at him before I turned to look over the city again, letting out a heavy sigh. "They're grieving and are in a lot of pain. Right now's not the time to tell them that they're gonna die in a few months."

I looked over at Clarke and she nodded her head carefully.

"Good." Bellamy breathed. "Once everyone's down the tower, we go home, we get to work. We didn't survive this long to let a little radiation take us down."

"That's a plan I can support." I commented.

I looked over my shoulder to see my dad and Abby who had managed to get down the tower aswell. I left Bellamy and Clarke and walked over to my dad instead.

"Are Miller and the rest down soon aswell?" I asked and my father nodded his head. "Good. I want to get out of this place as soon as possible."

My father moved to look at me with concerned eyes, and I could sense what he was thinking about. "Elaine... I'm sorry you had to shot-"

"I'd rather not talk about it." I cut him off and gulped. "Plus, it's not safe for us to be here. All these people will blame us for the chip."

"Good, you're down." Clarke noted as she approached us, Bellamy following behind her. "We have to go. The rover's in the north woods."