Part 30

It was nighttime, and we returned back to camp. Without Clarke though, she stayed to have a meeting with their grounder to hopefully negotiate about a truce. 

Outisde the walls of the camp, in the darnkess, I could see two torches making their way towards us. So did the guards and raised their weapons to what was moving in the dark. 

"Hold your fire! She's back!" Bellamy shouted, lowering his weapon.

A guard opened the gate and Clarke walked into the camp. Behind her was two grounders sitting on a horse each. Finn ran up to her.

"Are you okay?" He asked her.

"Shut the gate!" Clarke ordered the guards. 

"You can't be out here." She almost whispered to Finn, taking his arm to walk him away. 

Clarke walked up to her mom and gave her a hug. People gathered around them to hear what she had to say.

"What did she say? Is there a chance for a truce?" Abby asked her daughter.

"Yes." Clarke said, but she wasn't happy at all.

"What's wrong?" I questioned, realising that something was missing.

Clarke turned to Finn. "They want you. If we want truce, we have to give them Finn."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Raven asked sternly.

"That's their offer." Clarke explained.

"That's not an offer." Raven said back.

"It's a punishment." Finn began. "For what happened at the village. Blood for blood."

"That's insane." Bellamy stated.

"What if we refuse?" I added into the coversation.

"Then they attack." Clarke answered looking at the ground.

"I say we give him up!" "Get rid of him!" "Give him to the grounders!" People started shouting from the crowd.

Those words made Raven loose her mind. She threw fists at them, creating a chaos, even hitting Byrne in her face. Two guards took a hold on her, leading her away into the station.

---

I woke up the next morning by hearing a dull sound of chants from outside. I turned around in the bed to ask Bellamy what that could be, but soon realised that he was not there. The chants became clearer, and it didn't sound like it could come from our people. Is it the grounders?

"What the hell..." I whispered to myself. 

"Elaine, get out here now!" I heard Bellamy's husky voice from the outside the door. 

I quicky put on some clothes and got out of the room and the station. When I got outside, I saw that the grounders form last night with the horses were still outside our gate. The chants came from their people, but they were too far away to be seen. I saw Bellamy standing with his weapon over his chest, so I walked up to him.

"What's happening?" I approached him.

"They're trying to scare us." Bellamy explained.

"Well, it's working." I said while biting my inner lip. This did scare me for sure.

Bellamy let go of the grip of the weapon by his left hand and instead put it around my shoulder. He didn't have to say a word, his touch was reassuring enough for me.

Abby walked pass us towards the gate. One of the guards opened the gate for her so she could talk to the grounders.

"Where's the boy?" One of them asked her.