Part 22

SEASON 2

Hazy sounds of chatter was all I could focus on as I tried to gather my senses. I slowly opened my eyes, but the strong daylight made it hard for my sensitive eyes to see anything. Wait, was somebody saying my name? 

"Elaine..." I heard a low voice saying to me, not able to understand who it was coming from. 

"It's okay, my sweet girl, it's okay..." Wait, wait, wait, I recognize that voice. Is that... my dad?!

"Dad?!" I exclaimed as I quickly shot my eyes completely open. 

"It's me, Elaine. It's me." I sat up from my laying position to get a better look at him. It really was him, dad. He looked pretty much exactly like the last time I saw him. And unlike me, he was clean and not dirty, covered with blood and dirt.

"Is this real? Am I alive?" I questioned, still very confused and dizzy from earlier.

"Yeah. You're gonna be okay, honey. Abby's making sure of that." He chuckled, looking to my right where apparently Abby was sitting. I had not noticed that. And it wasn't until now that I realised that probably 15 other people from the Ark were watching us.

Now when I had finally got to my senses, I hugged my dad and started crying. It was a cry of relief. Relief that he was alive, and relief that I was now not alone and being saved. He gently kissed the top of my head, and tried his best to comfort me. We have our differences me and him. But at this moment, I didn't care to think about that. I was just so happy that I got my dad back.

"Does your arm hurt?" Abby suddenly asked me. Right, the arm that got harmed when I fell... I took a look at it and realised that Abby had put a tie around it, probably during the time that I was still asleep.

"A little." I answered her while moving my arm carefully. 

"Do you feel like you're awake enough yet to stand up?" She asked me and I nodded. So Abby and dad both helped me to get up on my feet. My legs felt very weak, and although my legs weren't injured, they still hurt a bit. Probably from all the running and everything they recently went through.

"El?" I heard a husky voice say that I recognized. I turned around and there he was, Bellamy. His face was completely covered in bloodstains and his clothes were even dirtier than before. For an outsider, he probably looked hideous at this point, but I could only see the man I fell in love with.

I pulled away from dad and Abby's grip and rushed towrads him. I didn't care about the fact that my body hurt. I threw my arms around his neck tight and smiled into his shoulder. I didn't mind for a second that everyone around us was watching. All I cared about was him, and the two of us.

But wait, why isn't he hugging me back? I looked down and realised that he had his hands behind his back. So I easily turned him a little to see that he was restrained by handcuffs.

"Why are you restrained?" I asked him confused, furrowing my eyebrows. Bellamy gulped and quickly threw a look at my dad. Of course my dad had something to do with this...

I turned around and walked up to my dad. "Why is he restrained?" I asked him sternly with burning eyes.

My dad crossed his arms over his chest before he started talking. "He assaulted the guy John Murphy, that is a criminal action-"