Part 43

Since Arkadia is pretty much full, some of the surivors from farm station have moved into Mount Weather. The decision has been a bit controversial to say the least, and I'm conflicted. A part of me says it's wrong, it's doesn't feel right in an ethical prespective. Also, it might upset grounders... But at the same time, life down here is about survival. And if we have a space in mount weather where our people can live, why waste that opportunity...?

The rover stopped right outside the mountain. Me, Bellamy. Raven and Octavia were there to see how they were holding up, if there were any problems we could help to fix. Meanwhile, a team, including my dad and Abby, were on their way to Polis for a summit later on the day. 

I opened the door from the back of the veichle and jumped out on the grass. I got a bad feeling in my stomach as soon as I saw the mountain, remeding me of what happened in there not too long ago. From a distance, I'm watching my boyfriend looking over the forest, looking like he's deep into his thoughts.

"Hey." I approached him, and he turned his face so his gaze met mine. "The summit delegation will be fine."

"I should be there." Bellamy muttered while shaking his head, clearly struggling with the fact of not being there to help.

"Then you wouldn't be here with me." I smirked playfully.

"You make a good argument." He smirked back at me, taking a step towards me.

"I always do." I pointed out sassily, and Bellamy shook his head with a grin on his face. "You know, I think it's kind of funny how you told me to stay back because of my leg, and now you're the one with an injured leg." 

"Wow, you're malicious." He whispered by my ear as he walked past me, making me chuckle to myself. He walked over to the rover to grab my bag, before handing it over to me. "Plus, my leg is fine. Your dad's just trying to teach me a lesson."

I nodded as I recieved the bag, putting it over my shoulders, and the four of us started to walk towards the entrance to Mount Weather. After we walked through the hallways, we soon arrived at the main area of the mountain. People we're eating and having a good time, listening to music.

"I hate this place." I mumbled to myself, not knowing if anyone heard me. Then I realised, almost everyone sitting around the tables were looking at me, The princess from the Ark. It made me a bit uncomfortable, making me look down at my own feet.

"Welcome!" Pike greeted us, walking up to the four of us. "Come, join us!"

"Someone's made themselves at home." Raven muttered from beside me.

"There must be at least thirty in here." Octavia looked over the room.

"Thirty-six. But the more, the merrier." Pike smiled and shook hands with Bellamy.

"Wow. Thirty-six. The grounders are gonna think we moved in." Octavia commented with an annoyed tone, and the tension got uncomfortable.

"Well, there was no room at the inn." Pike debated.

"So this was your option?" Octavia snapped and was soon interruped by her brother.

"O." He glanced over to her, not liking where this conversation was heading.

"I'm out of here." She says and walks out of the room.

"Princess Elaine?" I heard a woman call my name. I turned my face towards the voice and saw an unknown woman standing a few feet away from me.

"Yes?" 

"I'm Corinne Hall, I worked with your mother from time to time." She explained with a soft voice.