Part 46

Sure, I was very frustrated about Bellamy being on Pike's side. But on the other hand, I had my dad, Miller and Harper who all had the same opinions as me on this. We all understood how bad things would go with him as Chancellor, and the importance of stopping him. The questions is how we're gonna do that...

Well, my dad had a plan. First we have to hide a small microphone in Pike's office to listen in to Pike and his crew's conversations. But we knew we had to be very careful and not get caught. Since both Miller and Harper work as guards in camp, they do work for Pike and follow his orders. They make it look like they have no problem with his authority, when in fact, they do.

Me, dad and Miller were on our way to Pike's office, who according to Miller, is empty at the moment.

"You two step aside in case someone answers." Dad told me and my friend as we were now right outside the door.

"I told you, no one's home." Miller corrected.

Dad eyed Miller for a second before knocking on the door carefully. Suddenly, a grin grew on Miller's face, which felt wierd considering the situation we were in.

"What?" My dad questioned Miller.

"Bet you didn't think we'd break the law together when you arrested me on the Ark." Miller smirked and I couldn't help but chuckle a little.

But my dad didn't look at it the same way as I did. He grabbed Miller's jacket and looked at him with serious eyes. "This isn't a game, Nate. If we don't find out what Pike's up to, more people will die."

"Dad, chill. It was a joke." I tried to lighten the mood.

My dad looked at me before typing in the code on the lock and the door opened. Just as he was about to go inside, we heard a man talking from a distance. He was talking to Pike.

"Hey. Put this somewhere smart, out of sight. I'll go and distract Pike to buy you some time." Dad told me and Miller before he walked away to go and talk to Pike.

Me and Miller entered the office and he closed the door after us. My friend went straight to a pont plant standing by a window and put the microphone under the leafes.

"I thought you were smarter than that." I sighed and picked up the device from the pot. 

"Come on, do you seriously think Pike checks on the flowers?" Miller raised his eyebrows.

"Pike's not the only one who's in here." I pointed out and instead placed the microphone on the underside of one of the tables.

Since Miller didn't complain, we went to leave the room, knowing that we didn't have much time to spare. I carefully opened the door and peeked my head out. When I realised that the coast was clear, I nodded to Miller and we walked out, making sure the door was locked behind us.

When we walked down the hallway, we walked past my dad who was talking to Pike, and Bellamy who was standing beside him. Our gazes met as soon as he was in my sight. Nowadays, it hurt by just seeing him. In that moment, a part of me just wanted to jump right into him and kiss him with a big smile on my face. But that's not what we are today, things have changed.

---

"Okat, let's get this meeting started." Pike's voice crackled through the radio. "Welcome Farm station's own Monty Green and and Factory girl, Zoe Monroe, as we begin our new phase, expansion and salvation."

We were sat in a room, me, dad and Miller as we eavesdropped on Pike's meeting through a radio. We had given a radio to Octavia aswell, so she could hear by herself when she like now wasn't at camp.