Part 50

We managed to use the EMP successfully on Raven. After being unconscious for awhile, she finally woke up and is now back to the normal Raven. As soon as we were done, we jumped into the rover and drove away to get away from Niylah's house before Alie and her chipped people could find us. 

We had been driving for hours and the sun was now rising. We were heading towards our camp to grab Lincoln's book where he has a map so we could find Luna. During the ride, Monty and Octavia told us what happened when they got to the dropship. Apparently, Monty's mom was there, chipped, and Monty had no other choice than to shoot her. I felt very bad for him, I can't imagine how hard that must've been to do. We all comforted him and agreed on that we have to stick together through everything.

"Becca's journal is amazing." Raven explained to us as she riffled through a book in her hands. "At 26, she found a pathway to access a human mind. The same year, she locked up Alie because her answer to what was wrong with the world was 'too many people'. She was 27 when it launched the bombs."

"What did she write about the flame?" Clarke turned around from the shotgun.

"She saw it as a way to atone for her sins. She designed it not to just access a human mind, but to merge with one. It could never wipe us out because it would be one of us. She would put it in herself first." Raven informed us.

"Becca Pramheda, the first commander." Clarke stated, looking out through the windows. "The gene therapy made her blood black, didn't it?"

"Yeah." Raven responded.

"How did you know that?" I asked Clarke curiously.

"Nightblood. That's where it came from. Somehow it became hereditary. Luna has it. That's why we have to find her. If she can access Alie 2-"

"She can tell us how to stop Alie 1." I added and Clarke nodded.

"If Alie uses it to upload our minds to the City of light, then there's a chance my mom's still alive." Monty's eyes widened as he talked.

"That depends on your definition of alive." Raven corrected and silence overtook the rover.

"Eyes sharp. Weapons hot. We're almost home." Bellamy spoke up from the driver seat. "El, could you radio Miller and tell them that we're two minutes away?"

"Sure." I said and reached for a radio and put it by my lips. 

"Miller, come in." I stated, but narroved my eyes since I got no response. "Harper, Bryan, are you there? We're picking you up in just a few minutes." I still didn't get any answer and I instantly got worried. 

"Hey, they could be asleep or their radio ran out of battery." Sinclair reasoned and I nodded, hoping he was right.

Just a minute later, we arrived at the cave, but it was empty. I started to make up worst case scenarios in my head of what could've happened to them, but Bellamy tried to calm me down by saying that they could've walked to camp by foot by themselves. I tried to tell myself that that could be possible, so we continued to drive towards Arkadia.

---

I walked behind Bellamy, with a gun in my hand, alongside the rover that Monty now drove as we entered the camp. Raven sat beside him and Jasper peeked out from the hatch. The rest of us walked around the vehicle, ready to defend ourselves if we meet an enemy or chipped people.

"We left two days ago. Why haven't they fixed the gate?" Clarke questioned about the gate being broken.

"Maybe because there's no one here to fix it." Jasper noted and he was probably right. As far as we could see, the camp was completely empty.