Part 47

Since our plans haven't been sucessful yet, my dad's planning on a coup to hand over Pike to the grounders. I'm sceptical though. Like my dad said just days ago, this is not who we are. After all, Pike was selected by our people. Even if it's tempting, we can't just give him away to the grounders. That would be murder. And not to mention, how much trouble we're in if the coup fails.

So, this is basically the plan. Lincoln is going to attack Sinclair. This will lead to guards getting into the prisoner cell, and when that door is open, all the prisoners will run out. This will be used as a distraction, as this is where all the guards will be found. Meanwhile, on the other side of the camp, my dad will shock-lash Pike. Then get him inside the rover and drive out of the camp. My part in this? I will sneak around and inform my dad through the radio on what's going on around the prisoner cell.

I was walking around in the station with a radio in my hand. I could feel my hands sweating, I was nervous. So many things could go wrong, and all I could do for now was just to wait. Then suddenly, an alarm went off in the building.

"All available guards to lockup." The voice said and I guess that's my cue. 

I made my way to the lockup and it was a mess. Prisoners were fighting guards, and guards were fighting prisoners. There was no doubt that every guard only had their focus on this right now, which means, our plan worked.

I quickly moved away from the scene to not make it seem like I was doing anything suspicious. As soon as I got away far enough, I picked up my radio and put it by my mouth.

"It worked. We're clear. The guards have their hands full." I told my dad through the radio.

"Is the gate open?" My dad asked.

"Waiting on you." I heard Miller say into the radio. "Cargo locked and loaded?"

"Affermative. On the move." Dad mentioned, explaining to us that he had Pike in the rover and was about to head out of the camp.

I ran out of the building and as soon as I got out, I could see the rover with my dad driving towards the gate. Just as he was about to exit the camp, Bellamy suddenly jumped in front of his view, right by the gate. My heart jumped in fear, what if the rover won't stop in time?!

But it did. My dad pushed the break immediately and the rover stopped right in front of Bellamy's feet. I let out a heavy breath in relief, but we still had a big problem. My dad wasn't able to exit the camp when Bellamy stood right infront of him. And it wasn't until now that I realised that Bellamy was actually pointing a gun at my dad...

"Get the hell out of the way, Bellamy!" Dad shouted, and now more guards joined Bellamy. Shit, he's trapped.

My heart sank. Both because or plan failed, and my dad was now arrested. But also to see Bellamy aiming a gun at my father. I could see the sadness in his eyes, he took no joy in it. But still, he did that.

---

It was now evening, and I was making my way to the room where they were holding interrogations, to find my dad. When I got just outside the room, Monty stood by the door. Before I got the chance to talk to Monty, Bellamy opened the door and joined us. His eyes widened as soon as he saw me, he looked almost panic-struck by just the sight of me for some reason.

"Is he in there?" I asked both of them as I crossed my arms over my chest.

Bellamy looked down at his feet before answering. "They just took him to lockup."

"So much for trying to save lives, huh." I muttered and let out a heavy sigh. "How long is he gonna be locked up?"

Silence filled the room. Both Bellamy and Monty froze to my words, and I could see them nervously exchanging looks.