Part 52

Me and Bellamy walked down one of the hallways and turned up at the lockup. Inside the bars sat the Ice nation king, and outside stood Clarke, waiting for us so Bellamy could lock up the door.

I felt uncomfortable being there. It made me think of many bad memories, not least when I had to say goodbye to dad who was about to be excecuted... I tried to shake the thoughts out of my head as Bellamy typed in the code into the lock and the door opened. All three of us stepped inside and the man they called Roan sat down on a bench. 

"And the King meets the Princess." Roan stated while looking at me, and I scoffed. Then silence took over the room before Bellamy decided to speak up.

"Sorry about your arm." He told Roan and I saw the bloody bandage on his upper arm, guess that means Bellamy shot him?

"That makes us even." Roan said with a low voice, and I realised that I have probably missed a lot.

"Like it or not, we need each other." Clarke mentioned to Roan.

"Cut to the chase, Clarke. You said we wanted the same thing." Roan sighed, looking at her. "I want an Ice nation commander."

"And I can give you one, with this." Clarke picked up the flame in her hand, and I understood that the plan was now to put the flame into Ontari's head since she's a nightblood.

"And why would you do that, when you know she's vowed to wipe you out?" Roan questioned.

"We don't have a choice." Clarke began with an annoyed expression on her face. "This isn't just our war. The enemy we're up against is after everyone. Including the Ice nation. The only way to stop her is to get the information off the flame. And the only way to do that is to put it in Ontari's head."

"The Ice nation isn't afraid." Roan stated and I got annoyed by his attitude.

"This isn't the time to play the tough guy, okay?" I lectured him. "This thing doesn't care if you're scared or not. It's unlike anything you've seen before and it will take over the Ice nation, just like it took over us."

"It aldready has Ontari." Clarke added.

"I'm listening." Roan muttered, finally changing his attitude to listen.

"We need to disconnect her, before she gets the flame. Otherwise, we're giving Alie exactly what she wants. To do that, we have to abduct her from the center of a city filled with thousands of people whose minds are linked. All of them thinking as one." Clarke explained to the man.

"I get it." He noted and stood up from sitting on  the bench. "So when do we leave?"

---

We packed the rover with different supplies and weapons that we might need for the mission. For example, an EMP Raven made that we need to use on Ontari before she gets the flame.

"You sure you want to come with us?" Bellamy approached me from behind as I placed some ammo into the rover.

I sighed as I looked over my shoulder and put down the box in my hands. "You hear to talk me out of it?"

"No." He placed one of his hands on my upper arm and squeezed it lightly. "Just want to make sure you're okay with it. It's going to be dangerous, it's okay if you'd rather stay back at camp."

"I know. But I've made my decision. I mean someone has to make sure you stay out of trouble." I teased my boyfriend.

"Does that mean you won't leave my side?" He smirked as he was now towering over me with his arms crossed over his chest.

"You can count on it." I smiled before I kissed his cheek quickly and went to grab my jacket.

"What are we waiting for?" Octavia called out, walking into the bay with Roan behind her.