Part 26

We had been walking for hours now, me, Bellamy, Octavia, Mel, Monroe and Aaron. I was carrying Aaron the whole way both because he would slow us down a lot if he walked by himself and because he was slightly injured. I was surprised though that he wasn't more injured than he was. He was very lucky.

But carrying him for hours started to feel in my arms. I was stubbron, but I knew I wasn't gonna be able to hold him for much longer.

"You should rest your arms, El." Bellamy approached me with a smirk. He wasn't wearing his jacket anymore since he recently gave it to Mel. Instead he was only wearing a blue shirt.

"Why? Do I look weak?" I snapped playfully.

"Honestly, you do." Bellamy grinned. "Let me carry him the rest of the way." 

I looked down at Aaron who was resting his head on my shoulder. "Hey, Aaron. Bellamy's gonna carry you now, okay?"

Aaron shook his head while talking into my shoulder. "No. Eli carry me." He insisted.

I chuckled a little to what he said. "But Eli is tired." I gave him a small kiss on the top of his head. "I promise you, Bellamy is super kind. And I'll walk right beside you."

Aaron looked at me and it seemed like I managed to convince him. So I handed him over to Bellamy who took him into his arms. Aaron looked uncomfortable at first, but after awhile he leaned in and rested his head on Bellamy's shoulder. 

I smiled at the sight. The two sweetest guys I know in each others arms. It couldn't get any cuter.

---

After a few more hours of walking, we could finally see the camp in our sight. When we got close to the gate, Aaron got very scared. I don't know if it was the camp it self that scared him, or maybe hearing all the voices and noises from inside.

Aaron started to wiggle in Bellamy's hold, trying to get out of it. So Bellamy let him down on the ground and I bent down to him.

"There's nothing to be scared of, buddy. The people in there they are our friends, and mommy is in there too."

"Scary." He said while biting on his fingers and looking at the gates. 

"I know you think it is, but it's not. I promise you." I told him. "Do you want me to hold you and we'll do it together?" 

He nodded and reached out his arms to me and I picked him up. Then the gates opened and the six of us walked in. It was a relief to be back.

Abby approached us quickly. "I know you. You're from the Factory station." She said to Mel and Mel nodded. "Where are the others?"

"There are no others." Mel replied to Abby's surprise.

"We found her and Aaron a day from here. They were the only survivors." Bellamy explained.

"Hey, Abby. Have you seen Marzia?" I asked her, looking for Aaron's mother.

"Yeah, I'll go and get her." She smiled. "I'm glad you're okay, Elaine."

"Me too." I gave her a quick smile and she turned away to go and look for Marzia. 

After just a minute, Marzia came out from the station running towards us. She cried out in relief as soon as she saw Aaron and embraced him immediately. It was very emotional to watch.

"Thank you, Elaine. Thank you." Marzia thanked me after a minute. 

I gave her a smile looking at Aaron. "It's a miracle that he's alive. He has got a few scratches, and some small injuries, but nothing too bad from what I can tell."