Part 25

We were all running through the woods, almost completely out of breaths. 

"Everyone, keep your eyes open. We're on grounder territory." Bellamy reminded us while we were running.

"Everything is grounder territory, alright?" Murphy mocked. For once, he was actually right. 

"I can't keep running." Murphy breathed whille he stopped running. "We don't even know if the guy Finn killed was telling the truth."

But Finn was not pleased by his action. "Keep moving." He said to Murphy while pushing him forward.

"We can give him a minute." Bellamy suggested.

"No we can't!" Finn argued. "You heard what the grounder said."

"I heard what he said when he had a gun to his head. Just like Elaine said earlier, he could've just been desperate in that moment." Bellamy replied to Finn.

"You think I wanted to do that? He would've told his people that we were coming. And by the time we would've been there, our people would be dead. Maybe that something you can live with, but I can't!" Finn almost yelled out, giving Bellamy a push. 

I decided to step in before this fight would go south.

"Hey, Finn!" I exclaimed, getting between the two of them. "Remember that at the end, we're all on the same team here. So get yourself together, because you're not acting like yourself right now."

Finn and Bellamy just looked at me while breathing. No one was saying a word until Monroe interrupted the silence.

"Guys..." Monroe said, looking down at the ground behind us. I turned around, and saw a black shoe peeking out from bushes. When I looked a bit closer, I could see dead bodies laying all over the place together with broken pieces.

"Fall in." Bellamy ordered us to stay together as we walked through the path of lifeless bodies. 

"Where the hell did they come from?" Murphy asked.

"The Ark." I breathed. I could tell by the clothes, they were all people like us. It was probably one of the stations that landed together with the rest of the Ark, but didn't make it.

Bellamy was holding his weapon tight to his body, and I grabbed his arm by both my hands to be closer to him. This scared me, a lot. Seeing all these innocent lives that met an unfair destiny. Such a tragedy.

"Wait, did anyone hear that?" Sterling said with his eyes widened.

"What?" I asked him curiously.

I pointed my ears and I soon thought I could hear a light crying. Maybe someone survived this landing. I started walking towards the sound, but then Bellamy grabbed my hand to stop me.

"Hey, it's okay." I reassured him, and finally he let go os the grip. 

I continued walking towards the cries and soon realised that it was probably coming from a child. 

"Hey, it's alright. We're your friends, we're only her to help you." I spoke gently to the voice I heard crying. 

The cries were now close to me, and behind a little bush I saw the source of the sounds. It was a little boy. He faced the ground and he had his legs pulled up to his chest. From the back of his head, I could see his blonde curls. Wait, I think I know this boy...

"Aaron?" I asked softly, lightly putting my hand on his back. He continued crying at the ground, he was so scared. 

"Aaron, it's me. It's Elaine." I told him while rubbing his back with my hand. He slowly turned around to face me. Yeah, it was him. Aaron is my two and a half year old neighbour I had up on the Ark. I used to babysit him a lot before I got into lockup. He's definitely grown a bit bigger since the last time I saw him.