Part 54

I was standing in the throne room, observing my surroundings, thinking what a bizarre life I'm living in. To my right, my friends stacked up furniture against the entrance to block it from enemies entering. On my left sat Clarke in a chair, her mind apparently in the City of light by black blood that's inserting into her body by a dead Ontari whos heart Murphy is massaging. How the hell did I end up here?

"We need to keep Clarke safe. Give her time." Bellamy talked to the group as he added a chair to the barricade. "They're unarmed and won't feel pain. And they won't stop until they're out cold."

Abby picked up her gun and loaded it, and Bellamy gave her a questioning look since we've agreed on not killing the chipped people.

"Only if they get passed you." Abby clarified, and Bellamy nodded before he walked over to me.

"You look pale, El." Bellamy approached me and I noticed the dark circles under his eyes, probably due to all the stress and lack of sleep recently.

"You've looked better too." I replied jokingly, making Bellamy chuckle a little before his face turned to look serious again. "Of course I'm pale. I'm starring at an open human chest with its black beating heart pulled out while being massaged. I'm surprised I haven't vomited yet."

"Hey, be glad you're not in my shoes right now." Murphy commented and I lightly scoffed.

"Hey." Bellamy whispered to me as he put two fingers under my chin, turning my face to focus on him. "This will be over soon. All we have to do is keep the chipped people away from Clarke to give her enough time to shut down Alie."

"You make it sound easy." I gave him a sad smile before I shook my head and pressed my lips together. "We don't have a plan B. And if things go south, we don't have anywhere to go. We're trapped in this tower."

"Then let's stick to plan A." Bellamy suggested and I sighed, thinking about how bad this could all go.

 Then he looked over his shoulder, realising that people were probably listening to our conversation. Therefore, he grabbed my arm and led us to a small room connected to the throne room to give us some privacy.

"You have your gun ready, right?" He asked as he looked down at the metal stick I was holding in my hand as a weapon.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "You've said it yourself, we're only here to kill Alie and no one else."

"I know and I hope you won't have to use it. But if one of them attack you and your life is threatened, you need to use your gun." Bellamy claimed with a serious voice as he was looking straight into my eyes.

"I don't know, Bell..." I said quietly, looking away to aviod eye contact.

"El, listen to me-"

"No, you listen to me." I cut him off and put the metal stick I was holdning down on a table before I continued. "I may be weak or whatever, but to shoot someone isn't an easy call for me, even if I have a good reason to do so. You know that. If I would kill one of them, I would kill an innocent life. And my life is not more worth than anyone else's."

"To me it is." Bellamy insisted with a stern voice and placed both his hands around my face. "Promise me you'll use that gun if you need to." He begged as he looked deep into my eyes, making me almost drown in his dark brown ones. He looked and sounded so desperate, and I hate to see him like that. "Promise me."

With teary eyes, I kissed his cheek before I wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing him into a tight hug. He responded to my action immediately by wrapping his arms around me, bringing my body closer to his, making me feel safe even if it was just for a minute.