Part 38

After walking together with the grounder army, we finally made it to Mount Weather. We were now standing infront of the big entry to the mountain. Monroe was drilling a hole into the door where we're going to put the hydrazine to open the door.

"Bombs away." Monroe stated as she stepped back and looked over at David who held the hydrazine in his hands.

"Be careful." I told him and he nodded before walking up to the door. After a couple of shaky seconds, he managed to carefully put the hydrazine into the hole.

And then, all we could do was sit down and wait. Wait for Raven and Wick to turn off the power of the mountain. But it was taking longer time than we expected. We had been waiting for hours, and still nothing had changed. I hope everything is alright with Raven and Wick...

"You alright, Elaine?" David came up to me, standing beside where I was sitting.

I slowly nodded my head. "Just thinking, you know."

David sat down beside me. "I don't think I've ever said this to you, but I'm glad Nathan has you as a friend. Ever since you were little kids, I always knew he would have you by his side no matter what. You're a good friend, Elaine."

"I'm glad to have Nathan as my friend." I replied with a smile and he smiled back at me. "He misses you a lot. He will be thrilled to finally see you."

Davids facial expression turned into sad. "If we ever get to that." He almost whispered while looking at his feet.

"I know we will." I said with a convinced tone, even if I wasn't sure if I believed it myself.

Suddenly, we heard gunfire from a distance. I quickly got up to my feet and walked over to Clarke and Lexa.

"It's coming from the dam." Lincoln approached us.

"They know we're going for the power." Clarke pointed out.

"That means they know we're going for the door." I added with widened eyes.

"Raven will get it done in time." Monroe assured us.

"As soon as the lights go out, you push that botton." David declared to Clarke and she took a look at the remote in her hand that's supposed to cause the explosion.

---

We were standing a couple of feet away from the door behind some big rocks when finally the lights went off and I breathed out in relief.

"She did it." Clarke gasped while looking at me and I gave her a smile.

"One minute starting now." David pointed out and Clarke pulled out the remote. She took a deep breath before directing it to the door and the bomb before pushing the botton to cause the explosion.

But nothing happened. She pushed to botton again, in frustration. Still, nothing happened.

"What's wrong? Why isn't it working?" Lexa stressed while looking at the door.

"They're jamming us. I have to get closer." Clarke blurted out when suddenly gunfire attacked us. I quickly dodged behind the rock in panic. Not only were we under attack, but we also had to blow up the lock to the door in a matter of seconds.

"Thirty seconds!" Clarke exclaimed.

"What are we gonna do?!" I yelled to her to be heard through the big noise the gunshots were making. Since the radio wasn't working, we had to do it manually by pushing the button at the hydrazine bottle. But the gunfire was making it impossible.

Clarke opened her mouth to answer me, but no words came out. She didn't know what to do, just like the rest of us. Lincoln gave us both a look, then he took out an arrow and put some fire on top of it before directing it towards the door. Was he gonna try to shoot and hit the button with an arrow?