Part 12

I walked in the water at the river, desperately looking for the radio. Out of all places, Bellamy decided to throw the radio into a river, which means that it could possibly be destroyed by the water even if we find it. But we didn't give up the hope, so we gathered a few more people from the camp to help us searching. 

I was still mad at Bellamy of course, for being selfish, for not thinking about the consequences. But at the same time, he didn't know at the time that the consequence would be 300 dead people on The Ark. And I could see in his eyes that he did regret it, and I guess that's what matters.

From a distance, I could se Finn approaching Clarke, and I immediately got curious and wanted to hear what they were talking about. 

"Hey, El, listen I-" Bellamy suddenly showed up beside me but I quickly hushed him.

"Shhh!" I whispered, putting a hand infront of his chest, my eyes still locked at Finn and Clarke. "I'm trying to listen to some teenage drama."

"I get it. I was around, cute enough, and now it's over." I carefully listened to Clarke's words.

"What was that about?" Bellamy asked me.

"Right, you missed the show." I said to him, making him raise his eyebrows. "Turns out that Raven, the girl you recently threatened to kill, is Finn's girlfriend."

"Oh, Finn really fucked up." Bellamy stated and I nodded.

"No doubt." I commented, getting back to searching for the radio. 

"I found it!" Someone shouthed from behind. Raven quickly got the radio in her hands and started fixing with it.

"Can you fix it?" I asked her.

"Maybe, but it'll take half a day just to dry out the components to see what's broken." Raven replied.

"Like I said, it's too late." Bellamy shrugged. God, I hate that attitude.

Clarke lightly pushed me aside to get to Bellamy. "Do you have any idea what you did? Do you even care?"

"You asked me to help, I helped." Bellamy snapped back.

"Three hundred people are gonna die today because of you!" Clarke yelled at him.

"Hold up!" Raven shouted. "We don't have to talk to the ark, we just have to let them know were alive, right?"

"Sure, but how do we do that without a radio?" I asked her. Raven just smiled at me, she had something in mind.

---

Raven sure had an idea. We were going to shoot up flares up to the sky for the Ark to see. Raven ordered people around and giving them tasks to make sure the flares were ready at time. I was working on some bolts, when Bellamy came up to me.

"I'm sorry, El." He apologized, looking at me.

I took a breath, before looking back at him. "You lied to me, Blake. I was just starting to trust you, then you lied to me."

"I'm sorry, okay? I know you'll never think me killing, or almost killing Jaha, was okay. But you should know that I did it to get to the dropship, to protect my sister. The Ark won't forgive me if they come down, so I got desperate and therefore destroyed the radio. And now, I may have to live with the consequences of killing three hundered people." He pointed out.

"You screwed up, Bellamy." I began and took a deep breath before continuing. "But if these people die today, it's not mainly because of you. It's because of my dad."

---

We were all gathered to watch the flares set off to the sky. I was standing beside Bellamy and Clarke, then Miller showed up by my side and gave me a simple hug from the side.